Forever Fall

Gen POV

I wake up and I do the usual, and we are sent to the lockers to change to our combat attire. I had my suit on as I slept the night before and grab my weapons in the locker and started to leave. We get on a bus, and we reach a area covered in red and gray. What the heck happened to the tree's to do this I might never know. I get off and we start to follow Glynda as she starts talking. "Yes students, the Forest of Forever Fall is indeed beautiful. But, we are not here to sight-see. Professor Peaches asked all of you to collect samples from the trees deep inside the forest. And I'm here to make sure none of you die while doing so." She stops and I turn to see Jaune carrying the jars needed to collect the samples as he bumps in to Cardin. I look back to Glynda and she continues "Each of you is to gather one jar's worth of red sap." She holds up a full jar of sap. "However, this forest is full of the creatures of Grimm, so be sure to stay by your teammates. We will rendezvous back here at four 'o'clock. Have fun!". We then break off as we get to some trees. Ruby to my left and Pyrrha to my right. I follow Pyrrha steps and start to fill my jar. I decided to make some small talk. "So, you two want to make some small talk?"

"Sure" said Ruby and Pyrrha

"So, how was it back at the schools you used to be at?"

"Well, I was at Signal Academy, and it was fun, I got a lot of friends and saw tons of weapons and trained by my Uncle Qrow. How about you Pyrrha?"

"Well, I am a commonly know warrior who seemed untouchable. But I wanted to do something greater so I decided to be a huntress. What about you Gen?"

"Me? Well, I was at Signal Academy as Ruby, but due to us having different scheduled we never knew about each other."

"Say Ruby, Gen how old are you two?"

"Well, I am 15" said Ruby

"What about you Gen?"

"I am ... uh ... 13" I say worryingly

"YOU ARE 13!!" I hear Pyrrha yell out. I had to cover my ears. It was so loud that Yang, Weiss, Blake, Nora, Ren, and even Glynda ran over. "What happen, is there Grimm?" said Yang as she get's her guns out. "No, there isn't" said Pyrrha. "So why did you yell?" said Weiss

"I yelled due to how Gen here is 13 years old"

"WHAT!" yelled the others (except Ruby, Pyrrha and Glynda who just looked surprised at how loud they could scream)

"Is this true?" asked Nora

"Yes, I am 13 years old, I'll turn 14 during summer.And, besides I can't be the youngest person in this school. Right?"

"Actually you are the youngest we ever had. The only other person was 14 years old. Though that was about 5 years ago." said Glynda

"Oh. Oh crud"

"Ok. That's enough children go back and collect the sap. Remember we have till 4 'o'clock to get enough sap."Glynda said to everyone.

Everyone dispersed to get more sap I continue to get more sap. This thing seems like it takes forever. I guess the sap is called Forever Sap. I then heard a grunt, and turn to see a jar hit my chest. I look up to see Cardin with stains on his chest armor and Jaune on the floor. I got hit by a stray throw of tree sap. I I left the stain there so I don't spread it all over the place. I start to walk to the rendevou point with my jar. When I saw Cardin's team running away from something. I turn and ran to where they were running from and I see Jaune chop of the head off a Ursa, I turn to see Pyrrha glow black. I then heard that she can control poles or magnets. Well, my suit is not made of anything magnetic and My weapons are made of metal. I think the only weapon she can't control is my rifle since it is made of reinforced plastic. I ordered reinforced plastic due to how I don't want my weapon to be taken away due to magnets. We settle down and get back to the Beacon and I washed armor down. The sap is really resistant to cleaning. I had to use 4 coats of soap and water. I get to the dorm and I see Blake reading a book, Yang looking at the internet, Weiss is helping Ruby with homework. I walk to the window still to go asleep when I hear "Hey Gen, aren't you uncomfortable sleeping on the window still?" said Ruby.

"Well, you girls took the beds and it is either here or the floor. And, I didn't want to deal with the issue of sleeping in the same bed as one of you or getting another bed in this cramp room." I said as I pointed across the room.

"How about we give you a blanket?" asked Ruby

"Ruby, I am in a suit, I won't feel the blanket, I would just feel the insides of the suit."

"SO why don't you take the suit off?"

"I just like to wear it at all times, with the white fang attacks and robberies around some corners in Vale. I would like to at least have the chance to run away alive."

"But, we are in Beacon. It should be safe here"

"Ruby"

"Yeah?"

"You just jinxed it"

"What do you mean?"

"The fact you said that means that Beacon won't be safe for long."

It was silent for a while till Blake asked "Where did you come from anyhow?"

"Oh I came from the north west of Vale. In a suberban area, I wasn't poor nor rich. I had 3 friends, two of which are Faunus'."

"I mean how did you get here?"

"I rode the bullhead and I got here due to how Ruby and I were able to go by Ozpin himself, I could've driven my car but you know, I wanted to do this like everyone else"

"You have a car?"

"Yeah, I gotten a licence since both of my parents had to go out of Vale for work, and I had to drive my brother and myself to a school 5 miles away. And I can't get there on time so I got a car. I call it the Ecto-88 from old movies I watched when I was 8 years old. Here's a picture"

(Credit: https://www

(Credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/1w5dK )

"Wow, that looks cool, but how many people can it hold?" said Yang

"Two people, the driver and Passenger"

"How much skill do you have in driving?"

"I can drift around corners and do hand-break turns. I can also drive like a normal person."

"That is very interesting. Say one day how about we have a race, your car vs my bike?"

"Sure, maybe during summer?"

"Well, it's almost 11 pm lets go to bed" said Weiss.

I put my head on the wall with one leg on the still the other hanging off and fell asleep. I just hope I live long enough to get to that race.