Unforseen Consequences

GEN POV

I slowly wake up to see....dirt? The fuck happened? Struggling to stand up, I look around to see that I am back in Atlas. How did I get here? I look around to see.... broken walls, glass, and purple crystals around me. Suddenly, I felt my whole body ache. I look at my suit to see tons of scratches and dents in it, all very deep into it. Yep.....I think I am done here. 

I open my scroll to see.... it's got a crack in it.... shit, hope it still works. I open my messaging app and see.....shit. What was before me was a practical line of missed calls. I scroll over them before seeing.... missed call after missed call from Neo....shit. I go to press the button before feeling a grip on my leg, I respond my pulling out my scrap shotgun and blasting it off me. And just watching a grimm arm slowly dissolve away, before quickly replaced by three more. I blast those away as I quickly get onto my feet and rapidly regret such a decision as I nearly crumple back to the ground with nausea. I can feel the acidic bile rising from the back of my throat as I focus on trying to keep myself off of the ground. The dull black ivory ground that looks more and more inviting, NO! No. Just keep myself up. 

I look around to see I'm back on the fields. Great! Just need to link up with the rest of my team an-

'Why do I not hear anything?'

That thought freezes me as I look around a second time, no one was on the fields. No Grimm, no atlas personal, not even a stray explosion or bullet.

Nothing at all. It was eerily quiet, like a morning after a fight. Is it.... over? I feel a smile grow on my face.

But it quickly slips away when I hear a groan. I turn towards it to see.... HER. I put a hand on my shotgun as I take a few steps back. How did I not see her? I looked all around, the only things here being the ruined dirt, ruined crops, rapidly pulsating portal, myself and HER. Wait what!

I look towards the portal to see it violently pulsating, growing and shrinking, changing colors from it's normal black and red, to green and yellow, orange and white, purple and green, blue and yellow. Whatever is happening it isn't normal. I take a few steps back before my attention on the portal is broken by a black arm, scrapping my helmet and knocked me backwards. I regain my footing and look where it came from, seeing the woman of all of this standing up, and looking at me. If anger was an emotion I had before? It felt like a candle compared to what I saw in HER eyes.

"YOU!!!"

These words sound less like a singular scream but more like a chant. My body is then wrapped and pinned to the ground by those arms, like strings in a thread, their claws cutting deep into me. My suit begins to blare warnings of lacerations almost immediately, a few claws force my head up as I watch HER walk right up to me. Long gone were the steps to make herself seem superior, long gone was the façade of elegance. Just anger. ONLY ANGER. 

"You have done actions that have delayed this FAR more than anyone has done in a long. LONG! Time. I shall make sure YOU are the last to do so." 

I can only watch helplessly as energy begins to form in HER hands. From what I can feel from it, it would likely grind me to dust till my very soul is ripped to nothing. My eyes grow wide as all I can do is watch, watch as SHE raises her hands in a flash an-

BOOOOOM!!!

Next thing I know, I'm being knocked around like a pinball. The explosions that were once gone, now in full force. I smack into a harvester and flop onto the ground, my ears ringing as I once again get back onto my feed. I look up to see.....the sky being covered in Atlas airships as they opened fire at what I can only assume is HER. I put a hand to my side to see I am bleeding, and fast. I must have ran out of medication in the suit. I put my hand back to try and at least slow the bleeding. I pop open my scroll, now even more full of cracks, parts missing and covered in static. I open the scroll and try and contact my team, leaving a red mark on the scroll as it does nothing. I keep on tapping it, but only get nothing. Shit! Okay, think. Think. I begin to limp my ass away from the explosions as I try to think of some sort of plan, this far in the corner. In the hotzone, injured, and no dust in my suit left to allow me to fly away. Perfect! Just perfect. 

The Silver Eye man in the Orange Suitजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें