Treachery

I got off the Bullhead and walked through a very active lobby. Soldier in groups running around as well as assistances and scientists running with papers and scrolls. I get to the elevator to see Weiss and Blake there. But, no Weiss or Ruby? I get in and we started to talk to each other on the way to Ironwood's office. 

"Hey.... do you girls know where Ruby and Weiss are?" I asked the two of them.

"Ruby went to help Ironwood, remember?" Yang told me.

"Weiss had to go in a hurry. Said something about her sister and someone else. I didn't get the whole explanation as she ran as fast as she could into a bullhead to Atlas." Blake continued. 

"That's odd. Never though a Schnee could run." I said jokingly. Mostly just to improve moral. I get a slight snicker from Yang and a ridicule from Blake as we stare out of the window into Atlas. Not gonna lie. Despite what I have seen in down in Mantle, being here kinda makes it seem like..... everything is fine. And for some reason, that comforted and creeped me out at the same time. Just here, everything is normal. As if nothing is happening. Down there in Mantle, just destruction everywhere. Some buildings are in pieces, street lights are completely bent, either from Grimm or us. I don't think that anyone else noticed the bodies inside the buildings, or they did... just don't want to talk about it. I sigh before turning around to face the door. My shoulders go slack as I slowly breath in and out. The rest of the ride up remained in silence as we waited. Half-way through the ride, we get rocked by something. Not sure what it was. But, was barely felt by us. It was like getting hit by an ice cube. Barely there, but it was there. I open my scroll and type to Weiss "Where are you?"

The elevator stopped and the door opened up, revealing the Ace-Ops on the other side. We said nothing as we enter Ironwood's office. We spot Ruby, with some bandages on her leg and head. Yang goes up and hugs her as everyone else walks into the office. We change our attention to Ironwood who turns around and puts something on the table. A Black Queen.  Ironwood starts to ramble on and on. I try to get him to focus but it just causes him to go further down the rabbit hole. This goes on till Ironwood slams his fist into the table and the chess piece falls on its side and rolls. This is when Me and ruby noticed something about it. It's made of Black Glass. Only one person on HER side can create things like that. "It's...glass" Ruby said. Causing everyone to look at her. I continue with, "Son of a bi-. Only one bitch is able to create things made of black glass." I look at Ruby as she does to me. We turn to Ironwood and said "Cinder was here."

HOW? HOW IN THE FLYING FUCK DID SHE SURVIVE THE FALL? AND ME LITTERALY SHOOTING HER "GRIMM" ARM IN HALF? HOW? WHY IN THE FLYING FUCK WON'T SHE JUST FUCKING DIE? 

I am brought out of my thoughts when I hear Ironwood say "Are you with me?". It ... didn't sound right. When I expect someone like Ironwood say it, I expect it to be in a crowd or a speech. Yet here? It sounded cold and full of suspicion like a poisoned laced bullet. My eyes go narrow as I turn to face him. "Sir?" asked Vine.

Ironwood went to the side of his desk, I notice a bag next to him. But, it didn't seem like something to draw attention to. We all look at Ironwood as he says "How did Robyn know about the Global Communications Project?"

We all look at each other, each of us wondering who gave Robyn the actual gravity of the situation. Then out of nowhere, Blake says "We told her." All eyes and heads turn towards her. She continued "That night of our ambush, we..."

I then hear Elm say "You did what?"

"We were trying to help Mantle with being prepared."

"By going behind our backs?" yelled Marrow.

Hare went up to Blake's face and asked "Does that mean you let her escape?"

"Robyn has been on our side of this conflict." retorted Blake as she stepped a bit up.