Fairy Tale

Gen POV

"After everything I have been through with RWBY and JNNPR, I though for sure once we were at Atlas. We would have started preparing for a final confrontation against YOU" I said as I look into the void that is around me. "You have got to wake up Gen. It is only so long that you can keep living this fairy tale." SHE said back to me.

"There are plenty of things I would like to tell you. But, I get the feeling you have heard the things I have said countless times before."

"That much is very true. Gen. But, I guess your time here is up. Just remember, you brought this upon yourself." That's the last I hear of HER before waking back up in the abandoned bar in the dust mine. Patting my head is Neo as we just rest after the events of yesterday. This had to be the weirdest sight to someone looking in. A small child petting the head of a robot. I grumble before sitting up and stretching. I turn to Neo and rub her head a bit before turning my attention to the others.

The bar we are holding in now is a temporary Head Quarters for the resistance fighters of Mantle. In the other room, I can hear the faint talking of one of the leaders talking on the radio. The main room is in heavy misuse, missing tile floors and ceiling panels. Some tables and chairs are broken or have mold growing on them. On the wall is a mural of two people, one had an eye-patch and the other is a faunas. I guess they are the owners of the place. The mural has chipping paint and has obviously been left alone for a long time.

I look at one of the two remaining TV's that somehow still work. On it is all of our pictures and the words "WANTED" above it all. I turn to look away as my eyes start to burn again. That stunt I pulled off at the Atlas' tower had caused my eyes to ache in pain. It's a bit better with Jaune's help. But, Maria tells me to avoid looking at bright lights for a while, or "You are going to have as useful eyes as mine".

I hear the door open and I turn to see Maria, Ruby, Weiss, and ... Oscar walk in. Nora goes to move on to him. Oscar prepares for a tackle but I guess Nora is just to tired to do that and does a simple hug.

Blake was the first to break the silence "When we heard you went off after Ironwood on your own, we.."

Weiss follows up with "How did you end up down in the slums?"

Oscar responded with "It's a ... long story".

Of fucking course its a long story. But at this point, I have been too burnt to care how much bullshit that line has.

"I get the feeling there's been a few of those tonight."

I respond with "More than I thought. Less than you can think".

I turn to look at Penny as she stares at her own hands.

Oscar then asked the thousand lien question "Where's Qrow?"

Everyone looked down and away. Ruby responded with "We don't know. The last we heard he was with Robyn, but..."

Then burst through the door is one of the huntresses. I completely forgot her name, I guess only hearing it once and then going though all of this shit really messed up my memory. She started to talk to us about helping the citizens of Mantle. Ren objects, stating that their is no way to help them out, no way to get them out of the city without getting shot down by Atlas or eaten up by Grimm. Then she suggests we bring any survivors to the crater underneath Atlas. Perfect, might as well make a giant bowl of human and fanus soup and serve it to HER and HER army. But, I don't refute her. Not because its not the best plan, but its the only plan they have.

I sit back down and put my head on the table. Neo starts to rub my head and my dad pats me on my back.

Yang walks to the front of the room and face us. She looks at all of us before she started to talk "We need to get out there and do what we can for Mantle."

Ruby followed up with "We need to do what we can for everyone. What about Amity? And telling the world about Ş̸̠̜̯̫̻̘͕̺̹̥̲̭͙͆͐̌̆̃̓̿̒̃͠ą̸̧̡̛̝͙̩͕̤͍̟̟̘̖͉̦̦̻̠͙̞̖̘͎̪͕͚̗͕͚͓͑͐̄͂̾̌̃̈̃̒̇̿͋͜͝ͅĺ̵͙̩̺̙̳̺̦̜̱͉̮̝͙̱̣̤͖̟̣͈̠̤̹͕̥̱̞̗̱͇̙̩̘̙̗͙̪͇̖͕̋̿͋̄̀͐̔̉̓̐̊̚̚͝͠ͅm? We can't do this alone. We need help!"

I wince as I hold my head in an attempt to alleviate my skull form the pain. Is this going to be a pattern?

Blake cuts in with "Ruby is right. The Happy Huntresses are handling the evacuation better than we could. And there's a bigger picture."

Yang rebuttals with "But, Amity isn't even finished. It was still under construction when the invasion started."

Ruby looks down as if thinking till looking at Dr. Pietro and asking "Doctor? What would you need to launch Amity now?"

Pietro responded that we could get it prepped for launch but, it would need a clearance from Ironwood's terminal.

Yang took this as making the stunt impossible and told her that their is no way we could convince Ironwood to give clearance. But Ruby responded it needed clearance from his TERMINAL not Ironwood himself. Yang responded that their is no way they could go back to the academy. But, Pietro gave us another key information. Their is a second console available at the bottom of the city. Just need to infiltrate a Atlas military's compound to do it. Oscar asks if this was the easy option. I mean we could just detonate the fuel to launch it without clearance. Dust just needs the right trigger.

Then I heard something that pissed me off.

Yang said "Ruby... When we came here, we said we'd follow your lead... but things haven't exactly worked out." I stared directly at Yang when she said this. It took a second for me to process what she just said. And I responded with "I like to see you do better." Barely audible, but Yang heard it.

"What?"

"I said. I would like to see if you could do this shit any better than Ruby. We have been with her since day one of this shit and now is the time you question her plans. It's not like anyone else has suggested any other plans that often. And for fucks sakes I have no idea what to do. DOES ANYONE IN THIS FUCKING ROOM KNOW WHAT TO DO? BECAUSE I SURE AS SHIT DO NOT HAVE A DAMN CLUE. SO, I believe that it is in our best interest to launch Amity to the atmosphere to warn the other kingdoms about the approaching storm of black that is going to be knocking on all of their doors! I rather die knowing I saved 6 million people than 500 thousand!"

Yang stared at me in silence. Everyone stared at me in silence. I stared right back at her before sighing the biggest sigh I ever could. I look at her and said "This is a very delicate situation we are dealing with right now. I mean ,for fuck sake, Ruby and I entered this whole shit show by trying to stop a dust shop robbery. A DUST ROBBERY! Turned into the potential to deciding the fate of several thousands of people and potentially the entirety of Remmanent. Lets just say the scale of this situation is starting to sick in at a speed that should be considered an issue."

I walked off to the ends of the wall in an attempt to call myself down.

I then feel a hand on my shoulder, I turn to see it was my Dad.

"You okay Gen?"

"Yeah. Yeah. Just trying to come to terms with the shit that's been happening for the last few months."

"You can always talk to me if you want to. I am always here to listen to you."

"Yeah. Say, do you know if Rusty is okay?"

"Him? He's living at your grandmothers place at Vale. The rascal probably made a junk fort by now."

"Oh yeah. Grandma is going to have trouble convincing him to get out."

"She most likely will. Remember when he found a tank turret?"

"Yeah. That was fun." I said to my Dad, smiling a bit behind my helmet.

"Take your time. We are always here for you. You have people who care for you."

I look at my Dad before nodding and turning around. I notice that everyone has split into two groups. My Dad joined Yang's group (Yang, Oscar, Ren, Jaune, Pyrrha, and my Dad) who were going to help the survivors move to the crater. I joined Ruby's group, who are going to the compound.

Whatever the fuck we are doing. Our chances of survival are low. At this point, its going to take a Fairy Tale McGuffin to save us at this point.