Upgrade

The next day, we were given forums at the door. The forums were basically requests to our gear on what we want to upgrade or change. I proceeded to fill in the form, with two lines: I would like to have integrated flight systems in my suits, like Penny's, and an orange jacket with fluff at the top that would fit on my suit, i.e, it is removable and not integrated. We gave back our forms and later a robot requested my suit and I said I would like something to change into. I was given a uniform from the school with gloves. I change and put on my gasmask before giving my suit to them.

I go see everyone else is heading to the cafeteria for some food. This is where we met the rest of Atlas' students.  Right off the bat, we stick out due to our clothing. I look around to see some familiar faces from the Vytal Festival, like the duo names I learned after our match, Neon and Flynt. I didn't wave at them as I don't think they would recognize me. We get in line and are given some food. Oddly enough, its mash potatoes with chicken with a side of a salad. Well, more like mash potatoes with a sprinkling of a green things on it with cooked chicken to the side, also with some green on it. It's like a weird version of the last meal I remember at Beacon. 

I stare at the food, not feeling as if I can even eat this. Not out of disgust of the food, but out of myself. I am a human being who won't bat  an eye for eating fast-food for a week straight. But, seeing this much more upscale food, I feel like I don't really belong here. I'm surprise I manage to get this far in my life. I mean, when I envisioned my future, I expect either dying in a hospital bed either due to age or injury with my future family around me or on the field. Somehow, Ruby has managed to drag me into an insane adventure. Geez, if it wasn't for her my life would probably be...

"Hey, is that you Generic?" I freeze up as I heard a familiar voice. Everyone in the cafeteria looks at the source of the voice. I turn slowly to see two assholes I would never want to see again. I see three boys, all of which start pulling on my leg with a lot of making fun of before leaving the cafeteria with "Are you ever gonna do something special in your pathetic life?" and laughing at the same time. I sigh as I go back to trying to eat the food. Ruby was the first to ask "Generic?"

Nora followed with "Is that your real name?"

"No, no. It's just a nickname I was given back in elementary school." I responded.

"So, why did they say that?" Asked Jaune.

"Well, back in elementary, we were forced to read alot of books. And everyone noticed that my backstory was heavily similar to the stories: one of my parents are missing, I have a bland name, and I have yet to do anything interesting in their eyes. Doesn't help that I have the first three letters of generic as my name." I told them. 

I look at them as they had eyes with sympathy, all I said was "Seriously? It really isn't necessary to give me sympathy. Not like their lives are any different from mine. It's nothing more than petty talk. That's all. I learned to live with it. Almost considered it my nickname one time."

We all stay silent as we began to eat again. Getting a few side glances from my team as I eat. Either our of sympathy or due to me eating with my vision blocked and still eating normally.

After a few hours we were called to a place and Pietro guides us in to our new uniforms and weapons. I look at my suit, polished and with side plates that have thrusters on the underside and my boots having opening slots with thrusters as well. The jacket I requested was to the side, of it, hanging on a hook. After changing into the suit, I put on the jacket and it fits on like a glove, but it had to remain open. I put my gas mask to my hip as we are told that we got a mission. To secure a abandoned Schnee dust mining facility.

I get to our bullheads and we are split into three teams. Qrow and the leader ,Clover, were Alpha, My team as well as Harriet and Marrow were Bravo. And Charlie was Jaune's team with Neo (Now I guess JNNR or Junior), Vine and Elm. I look over everyone and their changes. All changed their hair a bit except Yang's was longer.