Rebels (Short)

After our first mission, we started taking on more and more jobs. Me and Weiss got the occasional disgusting mission. I would work with Jaune to help children crossroads, defend the site with Yang and Blake. Guard the perimeter of Mantle with Ren and Nora. Remove Grimm from inside Mantle with Penny and Neo. And, helping Atlas with driving supply trucks, since I am actually able to drive a vehicle. We also do some training with the Ace-Ops and I had some training with Penny on how to fly. I manage to learn on how to control my thrusters and a few more training sessions, I should be able to properly fly.

On one of our supply runs, I was with Ruby and Penny at the front and Qrow and Clover in the back, playing cards. Ruby was struggling to stay awake due to the long boring drive. I look to see some penguins in the far distance. We have been driving for almost two hours. Penny and Ruby talk about relationships as I drive I pinch in occasionally to add my two lien into the conversation. Overall, it was decently quiet. I decide to turn on some music after hour one. loud enough for me to hear but quiet enough to hear others. As the two still talk, I look ahead to see in a space on the road, a barrier? With two people infront of it. "We got a situation." I tell everyone. Qrow and Clover stand up and realized what is happening and said "No. Worse. You two (Qrow and Ruby) with me,  Penny, Gen, stay put and keep an eye on our six. We may need an element of surprise."

"Aye/Affirmative." Me and Penny responded with. Penny continued with "I will plan for nine possible outcomes."

We all look at her as if to ask her "What?" But, none of us said anything. I start slowing the truck to a stop, keeping a reasonable distance away from the two infront. I shut off the engine to conserve dust as the three left the truck and Clover and who ever the person in front is "That's Robyn, Mantle's hometown hero." Penny said. I looked at her and she said "I could tell you were confused as who she was. The girl next to her is Fiona, one of her "happy" huntresses." So, that's what the guy in the truck was saying.

The two talks and I hear Penny say "Clover is doing a great job at covering up what we are doing. We should be able to move on in a few..."

"We used the lamp." I suddenly say. Penny stops and looks at me. "What?"

"My team used the lamp to finally know Ozpin's story. The entire thing. No more lies, false leads, the whole thing. Turns out ,from what they told me, 1. Ozpin and HER were once husband and wife and a theory that Nora had was that their children were the first maidens since they were four of them. 2. Salem is ... unkillable by our mortal ways. They best we can do is just delay her conquest of Remnant."

I sigh as I look at Penny. I look at her in the eyes and say "Make me a promise. A promise you will not break."

"What is it?"

"Tell Ironwood exactly what I said. I am tired of hiding things."

"I will and.... there are two huntress behind us."

"What?"

I turn to see no one there. I see Penny climb into the back before launching up and telling Robyn to stand them down. At this point, I pondered over whether or not I should say something. But, before I can, the thing is over. The huntresses remove the barrier and everyone got back on board. As I drove past, I looked at Robyn and I think she saw me as her eyes suddenly went a little wide. We drove off into the distance. Delivered the supplies and put the truck into a bullhead and fly back to Atlas. Then we get a video on our scrolls.

Its Jacques, turns out he is running for office. Then he says something that I am pretty sure sends chills down our spines "Effective immediately I am forced to shut down all nonessential SDC operations." The rest of the speech was manipulation through bribery to earn a council seat. We all looked at each other, and I am pretty sure we all thought of one thing, "Jacques Schnee, what in the flying fuck have you done?"