Wakeup Call

I open my eyes to by blinded by bright lights. I get up on my elbows as I look around. I am in a hospital room, devices are plugged into me, saying my heart rate, aura level, and blood rate. I look down at my leg to see it is in a cast. I guess there was enough left for them not to cut it off. I then realize something, I have my gas mask on. I try to get up, but my legs feel like dry noodles.

Then a nurse comes in "Hey, your awake. Now, Mr. Scott I know it is tempted for you to get out of bed, but just stay in bed. Now, when we first heard about your condition a lot of precautions were made, however, it seems as if your Aura has manage to regenerate alot of the tissue that was lost. With our advance medical practices, you should be clear to leave within the week."

I tilted my head at this. What do you mean within the week? Just how much damage did that scorpion did to me? Well, if the others did visit me, I can guess that Jaune helped me out with his semblance. I look up and the doctor goes "You seem to be quite popular with the amount of people that are visiting you. Few of them have been with you for every hour they could." Well, nice to see I wasn't forgotten yet. I nod slowly before falling back into the bed. I got nothing else to do other than eat and sleep at this point. My eyes slowly become heavy as my vison slowly turns to the void for rest. 

When I open my eyes... I am now back at Salem's castle again. At this point, it might as well be my other home. I try to get up, but a burning sensation enters my mind. I look down to see ... a lot of Grimm arms all clinging onto my right leg. I try to get out, but their skinny black arms seem to have the strength to rival even Yang as it just pulled tighter. Then, I hear footsteps coming towards me. Each step echoing so loud, it sounds like either a massive thing or a lot of things are coming towards me. I got in a attempt to grab my weapons, to either shoot the arms off me or ... shoot my own leg off. I go to my shotgun grip, but I feel nothing but empty air. I go to my rifle, again, empty air. My crowbar and my scrap shotgun were gone. At this point, fear has finally set in for me. I am on my own and completely defenseless. Then the door in front of me opens, out steps out .... HER and the scorpion motherfucker. The scorpion goes to my side as SHE went in front of me and started to speak. "You know... all of this would have been avoided. All of this ... pain of yours could have been avoided. However, that door is still open for you."

"Fuck you." I said. I get a slash to my face by the scorpion's tail. She sighs as she then says "I knew you would most likely say that. But...., lets just say.... I can very persuasive." She then hits me with a blast. I had to clench my teeth in order to avoid screaming out loud. It practically made the electrical blast from that massive robot seem like nothing. She stops her blasting and I struggle to breath correctly. I go to look at her but Scorpion forces my head down. "Well, I can't really keep you forever. For now, anyway." She says to me. I start to feel myself to wake up and She says her final words "Well see, how long you and your... friends... can resist." Then, Scorpion slashed at me neck with his tail.

I wake up in the hospital bed, grasping at my neck. I don't feel any blood or puncture, I begin to sigh sigh in relief, then I saw my chest. It had a black burn on it. I stare at it before slowly closing up the medical gown. I put my hands on my face and rub my eyes. Both in an attempt to calm my self down and to make sure I can still feel things. I look to see the cast on my leg is now gone? How long have I been out? A nurse walks in and he says "Oh good, your awake. You should be good to be discharge within the hour."

"What day is today?" I ask to the nurse.

"Saturday?"

"And what day was I put in the hospital?"

"Oh. Last Sunday. You really did make use of the food we provided you. You almost broke the record for most food eaten in a hospital visit."

I stare at him as I realize this information. I then stared into space as one thought came into my head. Who was in my head during that time? A hollow version of myself? Someone else? HER