LXIII

63

"Yes. Look I have to go try and remember that." she said before leaving.

     After she left my mind kept replaying what she said. There's no way Braxton and her are engaged right? I mean why would he marry me if he was already engaged to someone else? Did he just marry me to get out of his engagement to her? Is what Braxton and I have even real?

"Phoebe I'm home baby." Braxton said.

     He walked into the living room and I walked into the kitchen. I just couldn't be by him right now.

"Hey what's wrong?" he asked walking over to me.

"You stay right there you man-whore." I said.

"Man-whore? Phoebe what's wrong? What did I do?" he asked.

"Why don't you ask your fianceé Sandra Collins?"

"Fianceé? Sandra Collins? Phoebe where is all of this coming from?"

"She stopped by."

"What?"

"Your fianceé was here."

"Phoebe quit saying that she isn't my fianceé."

"Then why did she say that?"

"Because she's obsessed with me."

"I don't believe you."

"What?"

"I don't believe you. I don't trust you anymore."

"Phoebe if I've done anything to make you angry with me and not trust me I'm sorry. Just tell me what I have to do to regain your trust."

"I'm sure you can figure it out. Until then the boys and I are going to stay with my parents."

****

Braxton's POV

     I stared at the front door she just walked out a few minutes ago. I can't believe she just left. Damn it Sandra what the hell did you do to my wife? My phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out and answered.

"Hello." I said.

"Yea. Uh hey man Sandra is at the local cafe." Johnny said.

"Keep her there until I get there I have some business to take care of with her."

     I hung up and hopped in my car. She was going to tell me everything whether she wanted to or not. I walked into the cafe and saw she was sitting alone. I took the seat opposite of her.

"O hey Braxton honey." she said.

"Sandra what do you want?" I asked.

"Silly. I was just wondering how long until we officially tie the knot?"

     She obviously has some screws loose.

"Sandra we're never tying the knot. We're not even engaged and I already have a wife and a family."

"That little girl that was over at your house? What do you see in her? I'm better than her."

"No you're not. She's selfless. She's my world. She's all I need and no one can replace her. Sandra leave and don't come back. Leave us alone."

     After I said that I left. Now I need to work on getting my wife back.

****

Phoebe's POV

"So why did you come back home?" Johnny asked.

"Because Braxton kept a secret from me and I can't trust him anymore." I said.

"And what secret would that be?"

"That he's engaged to Sandra Collins."

     Johnny looked at me before he burst out laughing.

"What? What's so funny?" I asked.

"The fact that...you'd think that... Braxton w...wou...would ever b...be eng...engaged t...to h...her."

"And how's that funny?"

     He took a few seconds to recompose himself.

"Look sis Braxton and Sandra had a thing in the past. A short thing. So short I don't even think it's considered a relationship. Anyway the point is Braxton loves you and the boys. He'd never do anything to screw it up."

     Once he said that he left. I could still hear him in the hallway though.

"Braxton and Sandra...hahahaha...Good one sis."

     Maybe he's right. I might just be overracting. I was still upset with Braxton though. I wasn't going to give in that easily. I put the boys to sleep and crawled into my own bed.
     I felt so cold without Braxton next to me. O well I might as well get use to it. I had two free weeks before graduation. Maybe I'll take the boys to the park they might like that. I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep but it didn't work.
     Ugh. Brain will you quit thinking about Braxton. He's not something I should worry about. Yet I couldn't get my mind to stop thinking of him. Was he as lonely as I was right now?
     Was he sleeping or awake? Finally sleep took over and I was knocked out.