LVII

57

"Phoebe wake up." Kailey said shaking me gently.

"No. Go away." I said.

     We had stood up till one in the morning because of the party. I have to admit I had fun though.

"Phoebe Thorne get your butt out of that bed now before I drag you out." Claudia said.

"Fine I'm up." I said sitting up.

"Good now go jump in the shower so we can get you ready."

     I got up and went did what she told me. The wedding was going to be held on the beach. After I was done I put on a robe and let Claudia and the girls work on me. Kailey and the girls were going to do my make up, then Claudia would do my hair. When they were done they helped me into my dress and went get in their places.

"You look so beautiful." my mom said.

"Thanks." I said.

     At that moment someone knocked on the door.

"Come in." I said.

"What are you doing here?" my mom asked.

     I was looking in the mirror so I could see exactly who it was.

"You weren't invited." I said turning around.

"I know, but I wanted to tell you something." Nina said.

"Say it, then leave." I said.

"Don't you dare Nina. Don't ruin this day for her." my mom said.

"Are you guys ready?" Johnny said walking into the room with Noah behind him.

     He looked shocked when he saw Nina.

"Why are you here?" he asked.

"Who is she?" Noah asked.

"No one important."

"How dare you tell your brother that." Nina said.

"It's true."

"I can't believe you didn't tell your sister and brother."

"Because they didn't need to know. And now you've come here and you're going to ruin Phoebe's wedding."

"What didn't we need to know?" Noah asked.

"Don't you dare tell them."

"That I'm your real mom. The three of you. Henrietta and Gerold adopted you." she said.

"That's a lie. You told me that you weren't my mom." I said.

"Well I lied. I was just upset when you told me that you were pregnant. I'm sorry. About everything."

"Get out. Just get out and don't come back. I don't ever want to see you again. We have a family. We're happy. We don't need you. Now leave."

     And that's exactly what she did. We were all quiet for awhile.

"Phoebe are you okay?" mom asked.

     Yes I was still going to call Henrietta my mom, because that's who she was.

"I'm fine mom." I said.

"So are you ready?" Johnny asked.

"Yes."

"Alright I'll go get dad."

     The three of them left out and a little while later dad came in.

"I can't believe my baby's all grown up and getting married." he said.

"Daddy don't cry." I said.

"Men don't cry."

"Sure." I said sarcastically before smiling.

"Johnny told me what happened. Are you alright?"

"Yeah. I'm good."

"Alright let's go then."

     We walked towards the beach and stopped where we were suppose to. I felt a pain in my stomach and crouched over.

"Are you okay?" dad asked.

"Yea. Fine. It's probably just the beginning of braxton hicks contractions." I said.

     Then I found that funny. Everyone was already in their places, then it was time for me to join Braxton. He looked so handsome. In just a few minutes I'd be his bride. We slowly made our way over to him and dad gave Braxton my hand.

"Who gives this woman to this man?" the priest asked.

"We do." mom, dad, Johnny, and Noah said.

     Dad went join mom and the wedding began. Shortly after it was time for the vows. My stomach was upsetting me, but I wasn't going to let Braxton know until after.

"Do you Braxton Martino take Phoebe Thorne to be your wife? Do you promise to be true to her in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. And love and honor her all the days of your life?" the priest said.

"I do." Braxton said looking at me.

"And do you Phoebe Thorne take Braxton Martino be your husband? Do you promise to be true to him in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. And love and honor him all the days of your life?"

"I..."

     Before I could finish I felt water rush all down my legs and I squeezed Braxton's hand hard.

"What is it?" he whispered to me.

"I think my water just broke." I whispered looking at him.

"What?" he asked loud enough so everyone heard him.

"Is there a problem here?" the priest asked.

     I was hit by another contraction and doubled over in pain.

"We have to get you to the hospital now." Braxton said.

     We quickly made our way down the aisle while everyone looked at us.