XXXIII

33

Braxton's POV

     Putting the furniture for the twins together didn't take as long as we thought it would. Today I was taking Phoebe to the doctor's for her four month check up. We would be able to find out the sexes of the babies if we wanted. Then Phoebe was going take the DNA test. I don't know which one she was more nervous about.

"Phoebe are you ready?" I asked.

"In a minute." she said.

     After she was done we drove to the clinic in the next town over. They didn't have that many people there so Phoebe was brought to the back almost immediately. Phoebe hopped on the bed and pulled up her shirt so that the doctor could examine her.

"Well the babies are perfectly healthy. You're still kind of small and need to gain a few more pounds. Other than that everything's going how it's supposed to. Would you like to know their sexes?" the doctor said.

     Phoebe looked over to me.

"Do you want to know?" she asked me.

"It's up to you. If you want to find out we can." I said.

     She turned back towards the doctor.

"We'd like to know." she said with a smile.

     The doctor turned her attention back to the monitor for a few seconds before looking at us.

"Congratulations it looks like you're gonna have two boys." she said smiling.

     We're going to have two sons.

"Would you like a sonogram?" she asked.

"Yes please." Phoebe said.

     The doctor left out while I helped Phoebe clean off her stomach.

"Can you believe we're having boys?" she asked with a huge grin.

"It didn't matter to me what we were having." I said.

"Me either."

     The doctor gave us the sonogram then we went to have Phoebe take the DNA test.

"Will it be dangerous because as you can see I'm four months pregnant." Phoebe said.

"Of course not. It'll just take a q tip and swab your mouth then send it off." the doctor said.

"Okay."

     It only took about two seconds then she was done.

"Let's go get them some clothes now that you know what you're having." I said.

"Okay. Promise me you won't leave me alone like you did when we were picking out their furniture." Phoebe said.

"I promise."

     Phoebe picked out a lot of outfits for the boys. I think she felt guilty about how much money she spent on the outfits though.

"I'm sorry I didn't think it would cost that much. I'll pay you back every penny." she said.

"Phoebe for the last time you don't have to pay me back anything. And quit apologizing." I said.

"But I didn't want you to spend that much."

"They're going to be my sons too and that means I'll have to spend money on them."

"But..."

"No buts."

     When we got home we just relaxed on the couch.

"Today was eventful." I said smiling at her.

"That it was." she said.

     I couldn't imagine my life without Phoebe. She's everything that I wanted and more. I wanted to make her mine and that day was coming soon. Tomorrow I would have to leave her again. Hopefully she'd stay home this time.

"Do you have any names in mind for the twins?" I asked.

"Not yet. I'll look at some baby naming books tomorrow." she said.

"Promise me you won't leave the house tomorrow."

"I don't even feel like moving off this couch right now."

"I can help with that."

     I picked her up bridal style and carried her to our room. Seriously how do I get so lucky?

"You're heavy." I said adding fake grunts.

"Quit exaggerating." she said.

"I'm serious."

"Then put me down and go cuddle with the couch tonight."

"Come on the couch isn't going to cuddle back." I said putting her down.

"You should've thought about that before calling me fat."

"Well actually I called you heavy."

     She glared at me. Right I don't need to clarify.

"I was joking. You're not heavy or fat you're beautiful. You're my beautiful girlfriend. I'm sorry babe." I said.

     I got her to lay down then I laid next to her.