XXII

22

     After he unwrapped it he looked at it and his smile which had fell was replaced with a shocked face.

"Phoebe how much money did you spend on this?" he asked.

"It doesn't matter. Do you like it?"

"Yes but..."

"The words you're looking for are thank you."

"Thank you."

     Nothing much really happened for the rest of the day and everyone left the day after. Johnny stood and his parents went back to go get Noah, Kailey, and their daughter. Tomorrow we were having a family dinner for Thanksgiving. It was going to be Braxton's parents, his sister, him, Johnny's parents, Noah, Kailey, their daughter, Johnny, and me.

"So what are you two going to tell Noah and Kailey?" Johnny asked.

"The truth." Braxton said.

"How do you think they'll react?" I asked.

"Don't know but I don't think that you guys shouldn't tell them the whole story. Just let them think that the twins are for Braxton." Johnny said.

"Okay."

     I was actually kind of nervous about telling them. I wonder what they'll think. I yawned and Braxton looked at me.

"Tired?" he asked.

     I nodded. He picked me up bridal style and carried me to our room. How did I end up with such a caring and wonderful boyfriend? He laid me on the bed and laid down next to me.

"How'd you know that I wanted you to stay with me?" I asked.

"Because I know you." he said.

     I smiled one last time at him before falling asleep.

*Dream*

"Mommy. Mommy. Mommy." a little voice called.

     I turned around and saw a little girl with long brown hair and bright green eyes.

"Hey baby. Where's daddy?" I said.

"Coming." she said.

"Hi babe." another voice said joining us.

     A guy was walking into the backyard carrying six bags.

"Braxton Martino I know you didn't buy our daughter all of that." I scolded.

"But she wanted it and it's not like we don't have the money." he defended.

"That's not the point. The point is that you can't keep buying her everytime she ask for something. It's no wonder the twins are spoiled."

"And I also spoil you. Which is why I stopped by the store and got you this."

     He pulled out a box and opened it revealing a beautiful necklace.

"Why are you always trying to buy my forgiveness?" I asked him.

"I don't I just figured presents soften you up." he said.

     He put the bags down and came over to me and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. He pulled back and looked at me.

"I love you." he said smiling.

"And I love my wonderful husband and father of our children." I said smiling.

*End of Dream*

     I woke up with a smile on my face. Braxton and I had a little girl. Would that dream ever come true? I turned to talk to Braxton but saw he wasn't there. I got up and went to the bathroom.
     The twins were still pushing on my bladder. After I was done I slowly made my way downstairs to the kitchen to get something to eat.

"O. Hi Phoebe. What are you doing here?" someone said.

     I turned to look and saw Kailey and Reyna.

"Hey Kailey. I didn't know you were here already." I said.

"Yea. We just arrived an hour ago." she said.

     I know she was still looking for an answer to her question. All of the family friends had left earlier so the only people who should be left is family.

"So not to be rude or anything why are you still here?" she asked.

     I sat down and sighed.

"Braxton and I are dating." I said.

"What? You're dating our teacher?" she asked surprised.

"Yea." I said.

"So does that mean thay he's the father of your baby?"

"Babies. Yea."

     I knew it was a lie but I didn't really want to tell her my story.

"Babies? You're having twins?" she asked shocked.

"Yea." I said.

"Congrats." she said getting up and coming over to hug me.

"Thanks."

"I think y'all make a cute couple. Do you want me to tell Noah?"

"Could you?"

"Sure. Watch Reyna for while I go tell him."