XXXVIII

38

     The day of the trip finally arrived and it was time for us to leave.

"Remember you can't leave the beach without a chaperone." Braxton said.

     The school had rented a vocational bus to take us to the beach. Johnny, Braxton, and four more teachers were chaperoning us. Johnny sat in front of me and took a seat all to himself while Braxton sat with me for obvious reasons.

"How do you feel?" he asked.

"I'm fine I promise." I said.

     He put his hand on my stomach then quickly took it off when he remembered where we were. I wish he didn't but we were in public with people from our school.

"So what can you tell me about the beach we're going to?" I asked.

"Nothing except for the fact that you'll love it." he said.

****

     When we arrived the sun was setting. Braxton got up and went to the front of the bus.

"Alright listen up guys." he said. "First thing's first. When we get off the bus we're going to grab our luggage and check in. After you get settled we're going to meet back up in the main building so we can go eat. Everyone got that?"

"Yes." we all said.

"So who are we rooming with?" Vince asked.

"I'll leave that up to you guys. There's two things though. One guys and girls are not allowed to bunk together and there can be no more than four people in each cabin."

     I knew Kailey would be happy about this. We got off the bus and all the chaperones did a head count. We all picked our partners then headed to the cabins we were assigned.

"Phoebe this is your room." Kailey said coming out a room.

     I looked at her confused.

"Just trust me." she said.

     I walked into the room that she had just come out of. There on the pillows was an envelope with my name on it. I opened it and read the letter.

Phoebe,

     I know this may seem kind of weird but trust me it'll all make sense in time. After we come back from dinner and you're cabin mates are asleep sneak to my cabin. I won't be able to sleep without you by me. I might not be able to tell you after dinner that's why I'm telling you this now. My cabin number is 22.
     Hopefully I'll see you later.

~Braxton

     He was right I was confused. Although I was happy that he wanted to see me tonight. I quickly changed into a different set of clothes. I put the letter in a drawer under some clothes before meeting the girls in our living room.

"Ready?" Kailey asked.

"Let's go." Lexi said.

     We met up with the other students in the main building.

"So where are we going to go eat?" Kyle asked.

"A little restaurant not far from here." Johnny said.

     We got on the bus while all the teachers did a head count. All the teachers had to sit in front so I couldn't sit with Braxton. I sat down in an empty seat and Kyle sat next to me.

"Hey Phoebe." Kyle said.

"Hey." I said.

"So I heard about Vince being your baby daddy and all. Are you two dating?"

"No."

"So do you wanna go out sometime?"

     Is he freaking serious? I turned so I could see his face clearly.

"Why would I go out with you?" I asked.

"Because I can show you a good time." he said.

     I turned to face the window. I wasn't even going to entertain Kyle.

"So what do you say?" he asked.

"Mr. Thomas." a voice said.

     We looked up and saw Johnny standing by our seat.

"Yes sir?" Kyle asked.

"I know this is a trip and you feel the need to flirt with all the girls but keep away from my little sister." he said.

     Kyle was speechless.

"Find another seat." Johnny said.

     Kyle got up and went to the back.

"Thanks Johnny." I said.

"It's my job." he said.

     He took the seat in front of me. Probably to try and prevent others from hitting on me.