XVIII

18

     Not that much happened on Sunday and the eve of the party quickly approached. There were a lot of people running around getting things ready. Rosemary had hired a catering company to cater for the event and a dj.

"So who's coming?" I asked Braxton.

"Family and friends. Johnny and his family is coming." he said.

     Did that mean Noah too? And if it did was Kailey coming along?

"Come on we have to go get ready for the party." Braxton said.

     We walked upstairs to our room to get ready. He walked over to his closet and pulled out a blue dress that was about mid thigh that was made of see through lace. There was cloth from the breast to almost the end of the dress that covered everything so no one could see.

"Braxton I love it. Thank you." I said.

"Well that's a relief." he said.

"What do you mean?"

"Well I didn't exactly know what to get for you so I kind of just went with what I thought looked good."

"It's perfect."

     I took the dress from him then went into the bathroom and quickly got ready. When I walked out I saw that Braxton was ready too. He was wearing some black jeans and a white t-shirt with a polo symbol on the left with some black nike shoes.

"Ready?" Braxton asked.

"Yeah." I said.

     We walked out the backdoor of the house and I saw a few feet away a beach with a lot of people and decorations on it. Guess this is where the party is being held. I didn't even know that they had a beach in their backyard. When we made it to the beach people kept coming up to Braxton and greeting him.

"There's my little sister." I heard someone say before I was swept into the air.

     I let out a small shriek and saw that it was Johnny who had picked me up. He hugged me before putting me down.

"Hi Johnny." I said.

"So?" he asked.

"So what?" Braxton asked.

"What do your parents think about you two?"

"After I told them everything they were very excepting of Phoebe and our relationship."

"His mom even started talking about buying things for the babies." I said.

"Wow." Johnny said.

"I know." Braxton said. "Where's your parents?"

"They were near the dj the last time I saw them."

"I'll go say hi to them later."

"What are you two gonna tell Noah and Kailey when they see you together like this?"

"I haven't thought about that but I'll come up with something."

"See ya' later. I'm going to let you go greet more people." Johnny said walking off.

"So what are we going to tell Noah and Kailey?" I asked.

"The truth." Braxton suggested.

"Alright."

     Braxton greeted some more people and he introduced me to them.

"There he is!" I heard a guy shout before I saw about a dozen of them running towards us.

     Braxton moved so that he was in front of me. The group of guys stopped about a foot away from us.

"It's been forever Braxton man." one of them said.

"Remember those wild times in college?" another one asked.

"And those girls?" a third said.

     Braxton made a movement with his hand telling them to stop the conversation before it went any farther.

"What girls Braxton?" I asked peering around him at his face.

     He turned around to face me with a look on his face that said he knew he was in the dog house. It was before we met so I wasn't really worried about it. I loved watching him squirm though.

"Um...Babe I can't even remember." he said.

"What do you mean? Who could forget Sandra Collins? She was the hottest girl in college. All the guys wanted her but she only wanted Braxton. And she got him." the third guy said.

     Another guy in the group smacked him behind the head.

"Why'd you bring that up? Can't you see he's with someone?" a fourth asked.

     All of them suddenly took notice of me.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"Phoebe. And she's my girlfriend." Braxton said.