LXII

62

     Our birthday party was great. Thanks to Steve I got to dance with Braxton. I told Braxton what I thought about our wedding and he was okay with it. We went down to the courthouse that Saturday with our family and friends. After a few minutes Braxton and I were officially married.
     I got my name changed so I would be going by Phoebe Martino. It felt weird to say it but it was a good weird. Afterwards we all went out to eat then we all went home.

"How do you feel Mrs. Martino?" Braxton asked.

"I'm great Mr. Martino." I said smiling.

     He grabbed me and kissed me. I love this man. Our make out session was cut short when Paxton started crying.

"I'll get him." Braxton said.

     He got up off the couch and grabbed him out the pen on the floor. Payton noticing that his brother was gone started crying too.

"It's okay baby." I said picking him up.

     At two months old they already had their own personalities. Payton was a mama's boy and Paxton was a trouble maker. He'd only cry when you were doing something important or sometimes when Braxton and I were kissing. It's like he had a sixth sense for these things. The boys calmed down and we put them back in their pen.

"I'm surprised Paxton didn't cry during the wedding." Braxton said.

"He must've been distracted." I said.

****

     Today was final exams for seniors but what was much more important was that today was last day for seniors.

"Phoebe calm down baby." Braxton said.

"I can't help it." I said.

     I was bouncing off the walls. The boys were in their carseats looking at me confused. I bet they were thinking something was wrong with me.

"Come on we have to go." Braxton said.

     We dropped the boys off at his parent's house then headed to school.

"Good luck." he said.

"Thanks." I said.

     I only had to take Johnny and his exam. I'm sure I had it. I got out of his car and met up with my friends.

"Hello Mrs. Martino." Melanie said.

"Shhh. Be quite." I said smiling.

"She's blushing." Lexi said.

"Guys come on."

"Whatever." Melanie said rolling her eyes.

"So are you guys ready?" I asked.

"Yup. Finals are today and graduate is two weeks from now."

"I'm going to miss you guys when you go off to college." I said.

"Hey we'll keep in touch. We have to." Lexi said.

"Well let's go get this over with."

     When we got to Braxton's class Noah and Kailey were already there. Guess they wanted to get a little bit of extra studying in. Braxton waited for everyone else to come in then started the exam.

"Good luck everyone." he said.

     After both of our exams were over we were allowed to go home. I was glad to because both of those test wore me out. I couldn't wait to get back to my boys though.

"Phoebe are you sure you'll be okay on your own with the boys until Braxton comes?" Rosemary asked.

"Mom I'll be fine." I said.

     She smiled at me. Braxton and I had started calling each other's parents' mom and dad after our wedding.

"Ok. Call if you need anything." she said.

"I will." I said.

     Once we got home I settled the boys down in their swings.

"Did you two have fun with grandma Rosemary?" I asked.

     They smiled their toothless grin at me. There was a knock on the door so I got up and answered it. A woman who looked to be in her early twenties stood there. She had blonde hair pulled back into an updo and blue eyes. She was wearing what looked like business attire.

"Hello." I said confused as to who she was.

"Hello is Braxton home?" she said.

"No he's not here."

"Well can you take a message for him?"

"Ok."

     Someone sounds stuck up.

"Tell him that his fianceé Sandra Collins stopped by." she said.

"Fianceé?" I asked shocked.