XIII

13

     I didn't want to look at him. He'd probably think I was a whore now. I started crying.

"Phoebe what's wrong? Look at me please?" he begged.

     I shook my head. I couldn't, I didn't want to see the disappointment in his eyes. He sighed and pulled me into his lap.

"Phoebe talk to me please? Whatever it is we can work on it." he said.

"Why aren't you kicking me out?" I asked.

"Why would I?"

"Because my babies have two different dads."

"Phoebe it isn't your fault. You didn't know."

"But Braxton I..."

     Braxton pressed his lips against mine and I kissed him back. After he broke the kiss he stared straight into my eyes.

"Phoebe I love you." he said.

     I looked at him and realized that he was serious and that he wasn't going to leave unless I made him.

"Braxton I love you too." I said.

     He pressed his lips back onto mine and our make out session got carried away. He carried me upstairs to our room. The food would have to wait until another time.

"Phoebe do you want to continue?" he asked.

"Yea." I said.

     I unbuttoned his shirt while he got my pants off. After I got his shirt off he took off my shirt and I helped him with his pants. He took off my bra and kissed me from my neck down to my navel and back up again stopping to along the way at my breast to torture me. I brought his face back up to mine and kissed him. This felt right being with him like this.
     He took off my underwear and I helped him with his boxers.

"Phoebe let me know if I hurt you okay." he said.

"Alright." I said.

~~~~

     I woke up the next morning sore. I never would have imagined that being with him would feel like that. Last night was the best night of my life and I had a feeling that it wouldn't be my last. Braxton was still asleep next to me holding me.

"Braxton wake up. You have to go to work." I said trying to wake him up.

"In a few minutes." he mumbled sleeply.

      I chuckled to myself slipping out of his hold and went to the bathroom to take a shower. A few seconds later I felt two arms go around my waist.

"So you decided to get up?" I asked.

"Well I couldn't be late for work could l?" he said.

     We both know that wasn't the reason he got up.

"Phoebe are you okay? I mean I didn't hurt you or anything last night did I?" he asked.

"I'm fine Braxton. I promise." I said.

     We showered then he got ready for work. I had to practically shove him out the door. He was worried about leaving me home alone. I wasn't going anywhere alone again. I learned my lesson.
     I was eating popcorn and watching Sam & Cat when there was a knock at the door. I got up and walked to the door. When I opened the door I saw that Steve was standing there.

"Steve what are you doing here?" I asked.

     I wasn't surprised that he found me. If he wanted to Steve could find anyone.

"I came to talk to you about the baby." he said.

     I led him inside and into the living room. Steve was no danger. Well at least not to me.

"I've decided that it'd be better for our baby if I signed over my rights as the father. Don't get me wrong I want to be a part of his or her life just not as a dad. Maybe I could be the godfather. I just don't think that I'm ready to be a dad yet. I'll tell them when they're older." he said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Positive."

     Then I had an idea. Steve could help me with Vince.

"Um Steve. I'm pregnant with twins but you aren't the dad of both of them. I'm sure of that. I went over to the father of my other child house to make him sign over his rights but it ended up going extremely wrong. I was wondering could you get him to do it?" I said.

"Sure Phoebe." he said.

"Do you want the address or do you want to find his house on your own?"

"I love the hunt. I'll be back before the day is over." he said before leaving.

     I had no idea what Braxton would say when he found out about this.