XLV

45

Braxton's POV

     I opened my eyes and saw I was in a strange room. What happened? Where am I? Where's Phoebe? Is she alright?
     All thoughts about me immediately flew out of my head and all I could think about was Phoebe. Did they not know she was home with me? Was she still at the house? Was she and the boys okay? The last thing I remembered was hearing something crash and trying to get to Phoebe, before a cloth was shoved against my mouth.
     The door opened and in walked three guys.

"Looks like he's come to." the one in the front said.

"What are you gonna do with him Alvin?" one of the guys behind him asked.

     So that's Alvin. He looked just like Steve said he would.

"So you're the guy that knocked my girl up." Alvin said ignoring the guy that asked him a question. "What does she see in you?"

     The words that Phoebe told me the first day she moved in with me came back. My mom's boyfriend made me sell myself for money. I tried to attack him but noticed that my hands were in handcuffs. Why didn't I notice this before?

"Did you really think you'd be able to hit me?" Alvin laughed.

     Damn it I need to get these things off so I can punch this guy in the face. When I get lose he's gonna pay for what he did to Phobe.

"You're going to be stuck down here while I go upstairs and 'reunited' with Phobe." he said smiling.

"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH HER!" I yelled.

     He just laughed and walked out the door.

"GET BACK HERE I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU!" I yelled.

"Someone thinks they're Mr. macho." one guy said.

     I snapped my attention towards them.

"GO MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS!" I yelled.

     I don't think they were expecting that because they looked like they were about to piss their pants. I kept pulling my hands in opposite directions and twisting them all kind of ways trying to break the cuffs. Why won't these damn things break?

"You're wasting your time. They're unbreakable." the other guy said.

     We'll see about that. They left me in the room alone while I continued trying to break the cuffs bared handed.

"You're seriously wasting you're time and energy doing that." someone said.

     When did someone else come in here? Looking up I saw it was Steve.

"How'd you get in here?" I asked.

"I hate to admit it but I work for the douche bag." he said.

"How is that possible?"

"Look I knew he was going to come after Phoebe and you so once I heard he had escaped jail I went find him and rejoined him. I didn't tell him I could get close to you two. I never did like the way he treated Phoebe. I promised her that he'd never get to her and I broke that promise. Imma get you guys out don't worry."

     Well at least there was one person I could trust here.

"How's Phoebe? Is she okay?" I asked.

"I haven't gone see her but she's okay. Alvin wouldn't let anyone hurt her. I'll go check up on her after I leave here though."

     As long as she and the boys are okay nothing else matters.

"I'll see what I can do about those handcuffs while I'm at it." Steve said.

     He turned to leave but stopped like he remembered something.

"One more thing."

     He came towards me and punched me in my stomach making me fall to the floor.

"What the hell was that for?" I asked.

"I was sent to interrogate you. What for I don't know. I'll tell them you need to sweat it out for awhile so they'll leave you alone." he said.

     I couldn't really concentrate. He had knocked the wind out of me and breathing required all of my concentration right now.

"Hey be lucky it was me they sent down here because if it was someone else you'd have more than a bruised stomach." he said.

     My stomach felt like it had been hit by a wall. I think I might have a couple of bruised ribs too. If my hands were free I'd be clutching my stomach in pain. Did he have to hit me in my stomach couldn't it be my arm or my face? Damn this fucking hurts.
     I'm going to get you back Steve. I don't care if it was something you had to do I'm going to get you back. Is the room supposed to be spinning? I forgot to concentrate on breathing.