How Did I End Up With Such a Father

Feng Yu Heng's small face turned red instantly. The smell of rosin coming from Xuan Tian Ming was the smell that she liked the most. Speaking truthfully, she did not really want to get up.

But damn it, she heard Bai Ze let out a "pft" sound and begin laughing. This laughed caused her to blush all the way to the base of her ears.

Struggling to get out of Xuan Tian Ming's embrace, she turned her head to look in the direction of the earlier "boom" sound and found that someone was setting off fireworks. Filling the sky with splendor, it was similar to the night of new year's eve at Tong Sheng pavilion. It was so beautiful that it caused her to forget that she wanted to settle her debts with Bai Ze. Bouncing around, she hopped out of the carriage to watch the spectacle.

Xuan Tian Ming ordered the attending servants: "Go buy some colorful lanterns and bring them over."

The servants left and returned with many lanterns after a short while. There were some in the shape of a rabbit and some in the shape of lotus flowers, and they brought two tanghulu. Smiling brightly, Feng Yu Heng leaned close and watched Xuan Tian Ming hand over the tanghulu, "Eat all of them."

She did not want to, "There are two. It's perfect for us to have one each."

"This prince does not want to eat such things."

"You don't dare to, right?"

"What is there to fear when eating a tanghulu?"

"Then eat one for me to see!"

"..." Xuan Tian Ming was speechless.

The two chatted happily back and forth in the carriage. Becuase the curtains of the carriage had been opened, some of the people outside would peek inside the imperial carriage out of curiosity. When they saw Xuan Tian Ming sitting in his wheelchair with his golden mask, they would sigh for the girl at his side. But others noticed would be surprised by the purple lotus flower between his eyebrows. Some recognized them and quietly say: "That's his Highness the ninth prince and county princess Ji An!"

Thus the number of onlookers increased.

There was nothing Bai Ze could do, so he decided to send people to buy lanterns for these kind citizens. He then hastily had the carriage increase its pace forward until they arrived in front of a restaurant.

"Princess." Bai Ze turned around and called her: "I see prime minister Feng."

Feng Yu Heng frowned slightly and looked in the direction that Bai Ze had pointed. Sure enough, she saw Feng Jin Yuan walking side by side with Kang Yi. At their side was Ru Jia. Looking at them, they appeared to be a family of three strolling the streets. They were as happy as could be.

She smiled bitterly, "Outsiders are all better than the ones he is related to."

Xuan Tian Ming reminded her: "Because the outsiders are of the same mind as him."

"That's also true." Thinking like this, she was not as dejected, "We were already not on the same path. How could there be too much expectation. I am only thinking about the day where I can tear away his face. He had best not force me to act too severely. After all, he is still Zi Rui's father. I don't want to leave my younger brother with a bad impression."

Xuan Tian Ming, however, said: "As I see it, your younger brother seems to be more mature than you are. How could a child taught personally by imperial tutor Ye Rong become delicate. Look at my family's old man, and you will know."

Feng Yu Heng put on an embarrassed expression.

At this time, Feng Jin Yuan and his group had already walked far away. Feng Yu Heng curled up the corners of her lips. She thought of how it did not really matter to her, as she was not his real daughter anyways. But if this scene were seen by Chen Yu or Fen Dai, she did not know what sort of scene could occur.