Mystical Sleeves

Xuan Tian Ming's expression chilled, saying: "What happened?"

Deputy general Qian did not respond, instead turning to look at Feng Yu Heng. Xuan Tian Ming immediately said: "This is county princess Ji An."

"County princess Ji An?" That person seemed very surprised to hear this information, "You really are county princess Ji An?"

Feng Yu Heng nodded, "I am."

"That's perfect!" Deputy general Qian rubbed his hands repeatedly, as he was both anxious and joyous, "With county princess Ji An here, the soldiers can be saved!"

Feng Yu Heng's face immediately sank, as she quickly looked towards Xuan Tian Ming. The two asked in unison: "There are patients?"

Deputy general Qian Li dropped to his knees, "This insignificant general is guilty, would general please decide on a punishment."

Xuan Tian Ming coldly said: "Now is not the time to discuss punishment. Speak clearly on the situation first."

Only then did Qian Li say: "This morning, this insignificant general sent general out of the mountains, so neither of us ate at camp, which can be considered as having avoided disaster. But when this lowly general returned to the camp, I noticed the soldiers who had just finished eating all collapsed to the ground. Those that were lightly affected were rolling around on the ground, while those that were affected more severely passed out."

"How many people in total were poisoned?" Xuan Tian Ming asked, "Has the person who made the food been captured?"

Qian Li replied: "Eighty percent or more were poisoned, and the one who prepared the food... was also poisoned."

The people inside the carriage fell silent for a while. Xuan Tian Ming clenched his fists tightly, his anger surging forth. The entire carriage was filled with his oppressive aura.

Feng Yu Heng stood up and lifted the curtain, informing Bai Ze: "Increase our pace. We must hurry to the camp."

Bai Ze heard the conversation going on inside the carriage and swung his horsewhip. Even the carriage behind them, driven by Ban Zou, increased its speed.

Inside the carriage, Xuan Tian Ming was requesting Qian Li describe the details of the poisoning.

Qian Li pondered for a while before saying: "When this insignificant general returned, I saw a group of people on the ground. Some people were rolling around on the ground, holding their stomachs, but some had lost consciousness. Upon seeing that scene, I knew that they had been poisoned. Rushing forward to take a look, the people who had lost consciousness had fortunately only fainted. They did not stop breathing, but their faces were turning blue, and white foam was coming out of their mouths. Their fingers were also stiff, and I don't know if they can endure until we return. The soldiers who were not poisoned are also in a panic. Some of them even rushed over to the kitchens to settle the debt with the cooks, but they discovered that they had also been poisoned and were collapsed next to the pots. Of the three doctors at the camp, two were poisoned and one is at a loss over what to do. He said that it was poison from the zhen, and that there is no cure."

Qian Li said this while looking towards Feng Yu Heng. He noticed that Feng Yu Heng inhaled sharply upon hearing about the zhen.

His heart immediately became cold.

Xuan Tian Ming slightly raised his head, a fury filled his chest, but he had no place to vent it. The doctors at the military camp had been with him at the battlefield in the Northwest. Their medical ability was perhaps even higher than the imperial physicians of the palace. But now, two were poisoned and one had no solution. Was the poison from a zhen truly so fierce?