Regaining Face

The full set of white crystal head ornaments had caused a much stronger reaction than Chen Yu had imagined. Not only did those young misses scream, some even cried! Without any concern for whether their makeup would run, they only focused on crying. This scene caused her to recall how Fen Dai had cried and screamed when the Yu Palace had brought the five treasures to the Feng family.

Chen Yu thought quickly and turned to look at Fen Dai. She even said: "Why is fourth sister standing so far away? Quickly come to eldest sister's side."

Fen Dai was indeed standing far away. The first reason was because the eldest prince was at Chen Yu's side. The second reason was because she had always hated Chen Yu, so she did not want to stand with her.

It was precisely because she had been standing behind her that she did not understand why the madams and young misses were crying. Even if Chen Yu was beautiful, she should not be beautiful enough to cause this many people to cry, right?

Now that Chen Yu called to her, Fen Dai finally looked over. Just looking was enough to cause Fen Dai to be stunned from surprise.

Seeing Fen Dai's expression, Chen Yu's heart blossomed with laughter. Ever since Feng Yu Heng had returned to the capital, not only did she lose face outside, she even lost face before the other family members. Especially with Feng Fen Dai, who had caused her trouble time and time again. She had even tried to harm her with underhanded tactics. How was Chen Yu supposed to feel at peace.

Today, she had deliberately put on a bamboo hat and did not remove it until she reached the main hall. This was the result she had desired.

While one of the sisters was rejoicing and the other was suffering a mental collapse, Xuan Tian Qi had already left Chen Yu's side and walked towards the seats for the princes. Xiang Rong did not want to stay at the entrance any longer and walked towards where Feng Yu Heng sat, but she too was surprised by Chen Yu's set of crystal head ornaments: "Where did eldest sister get such beautiful ornaments from? Was it from the Chen family?"

Feng Yu Heng did not respond to this question. Instead, she stared at Chen Yu and pondered for a while before appraising: "The crystal is beautiful, but when paired with the black face, it loses too much of its brilliance."

Xiang Rong could not help but look at Feng Yu Heng. Her second sister never dressed up. She clearly had too many more nice things than eldest sister, but she had never seen her wear them. "In truth, if second sister wore the things his Highness Prince Yu gifted, you would definitely be much prettier than eldest sister." As she was thinking, the words came out of her mouth, but she then recalled the news that had come from the court. She also recalled the current situation of Tong Sheng pavilion and felt that she had misspoken, so she quickly stopped speaking.

Feng Yu Heng, however, comforted her, saying: "It's fine. The victor has yet to be determined."

At this time, Chen Yu had finished showing off at the entrance and was walking in their direction.

Fen Dai was also following along behind her, her eyes staring straight at Chen Yu's crystal ornaments. It was as though she had been completely enchanted.

The young misses who had previously detested Chen Yu now approached her. They completely forgot the deeply ingrained concept of daughter of the first wife and daughter of a concubine. Chen Yu was now the daughter of a concubine, but she still became the focus of the crowd.

Feng Yu Heng pulled Xiang Rong a couple seats away, giving space for the gathering around Chen Yu. The young misses seemed to not have seen Feng Yu Heng, and some even kicked away the chair that was left behind with expressions of disdain.