Anyone Who Saw Must Earn a Little

Reality showed that Xuan Tian Ming's idea could not possibly be worth it to Ru Jia. The cost of treating her body's injuries would be five million taels of gold.

Ru Jia still did not know about Xuan Tian Ming scamming Kang Yi of five million taels of gold. She thought to herself that although five million taels was truly too much, if she could use it to trade for her own life, her uncle emperor would definitely agree. Thus she quickly nodded, "I agree."

Xuan Tian Ming smiled and said: "You agreeing is not worth much. This matter still requires your mother to agree."

Ru Jia anxiously said: "Immediately send someone to the Feng manor to inform my mother. Mother will definitely agree!"

Xuan Tian Ming nodded and was just about to say good; however, Feng Yu Heng spoke up once more: "Wait, wait!"

Ru Jia glared at her sideways: "What are you wanting now?"

Feng Yu Heng said: "Five million taels of gold is not enough. I still want ten of your Qian Zhou's Tianshan snow lotus. I want them along with the surrounding thousand-year frozen snow. Have them brought to Da Shun."

"What?" Ru Jia was extremely shocked, "You want Tianshan snow lotus? And you also want thousand-year frozen snow?" She stared blankly at Feng Yu Heng as though she was looking at a madwoman. After a while, they heard Ru Jia suddenly begin to laugh. While laughing, she said: "Feng Yu Heng, have you lost your mind? Tianshan snow lotus grows in thousand-year frozen snow. Even if that frozen snow can last without melting for a month after leaving Qian Zhou, once it has been brought to Da Shun's capital, it would be on the verge of melting. What use do you have for ten half-dead things like that?"

Feng Yu Heng fiddled with her nails: "Raise them for fun."

"You won't be able to keep them alive!"

"Whether or not I can keep them alive is my problem. Whether or not they are given is yours." Feng Yu Heng looked at Ru Jia, her lips curling into a wicked smile.

Ru Jia gritted her teeth and said: "Fine, then I will ask you to have someone go to the Feng manor and pass along this message to my mother!"

Xuan Tian Ming immediately told the female officer at their side: "I will ask you to personally make this trip. Tell eldest princess Kang Yi about what was just agreed upon. Remember, if eldest princess agrees, bring her immediately to the government office. Along with the five million taels of gold that she promised yesterday, have it all written on an agreement. Have the governor keep a record of this."

"Your Highness, do not worry. This servant will go handle it immediately." The female officer complied then turned and left.

Ru Jia was stunned, "What five million taels yesterday? Wait a moment!" She wanted to call for the female officer to stop, but how could she listen to her, as she walked away. Ru Jia looked at Xuan Tian Ming and Feng Yu Heng then suddenly felt as though she had been tricked, "Exactly how much silver did you scam my mother of?"

Xuan Tian Ming corrected her: "What do you mean scam! The five million taels from yesterday are to be used to help relieve my wife of her anger. The five million taels today is to treat your injuries. Also, I must remind you once more. It's not silver. It's gold."

Ru Jia nearly coughed up blood. Ten million taels? Over a couple of days, Qian Zhou had been scammed of ten million taels of gold? "You are doing this deliberately!" She shouted loudly, causing her wounds to hurt.

Feng Yu Heng looked at her and nodded, "It was deliberate. What can you do about it?"

Ru Jia gritted her teeth and said: "Don't rejoice too much. Doesn't Da Shun have a saying that goes, the tides ebb and flow. Sooner or later, there will come a day when you fall into my hands. When that time comes, you must be careful that I will not seek to be repaid for all that you have done today!"