Why Has Second Young Miss Still Not Come?

The day of Feng Jin Yuan and Kang Yi's wedding, it was exceptionally cold. It was clearly the end of the first month, yet it still snowed heavily.

Everyone said that this was the heavens bringing great joy to the eldest princess of Qian Zhou because Qian Zhou had been covered in ice and snow for over 1000 years. This sort of heavy snowfall was considered a blessing for Kang Yi.

First thing in the morning, the matriarch prayed for good fortune and lit some incense. From the moment that she opened her eyes, her right eyelid twitched endlessly. This caused others to also feel uneasy. She just hoped that the day's celebration could be completed successfully. It would be best if nothing went wrong.

Feng Jin Yuan had slept in his bedroom in Pine courtyard the night before. He woke up early then washed up and got dressed with the help of his servants. Putting on his wedding clothes, he got ready to pick her up from the imperial palace.

Because Kang Yi's home was far away in Qian Zhou, the Emperor allowed her to depart from the imperial palace. With a foreign princess coming to Da Shun, they could only treat her situation similar to that of an imperial daughter. Even in such a case, it was already the highest glory possible for a foreign princess.

Feng Jin Yuan was clear-headed and refreshed. He felt even better than the time he had married Yao shi. The male servant that took care of him was very good with words: "After master's wedding, there will be an even grander celebration. I trust that after the eldest princess enters the manor, she will be able to very quickly give birth to a chubby young boy. At that time, the manor will become even more lively."

Feng Jin yuan smiled and patted him on the head, "You really are sharp."

"That's right, master." The servant told Feng Jin Yuan: "The eldest young miss came early this morning. At that time, master still had not gotten up, so eldest young miss is waiting in the hall. Will master be going over to see her, or should she be called in?"

Feng Jin Yuan pondered a little, "Have her come in."

The servant went out and returned with Feng Chen Yu not long later. Feng Jin Yuan was wearing a red wedding outfit and was seated in a chair in the outer room of his bedroom. Looking at Chen Yu with a smile, he allowed Chen Yu to feel a bit of kindness from this scene.

It had been a long time since Feng Jin Yuan had looked at her with such a smile, which caused her to feel dazed for a moment, as she felt that he had returned to being the father that had placed all of his efforts into raising her from a few years ago. But in the blink of an eye, the red clothes reminded her once more that things were different now. Today, her father would be marrying the eldest princess from a foreign country, and she... "Father." Chen Yu called out then went to salute, "Daughter congratulates on your wedding."

Feng Jin Yuan laughed, "Father heard that you came early this morning. Is something the matter?"

Chen Yu nodded then took a few more steps forward. Arriving before Feng Jin Yuan, she handed over something in her hand: "Daughter knows that father took plenty of money from the treasury to provide furniture for the eldest princess. The wedding today will be another large expense. This can be considered daughter being filial to father."

Feng Jin Yuan received the thing from her hand and look. It was actually four banknotes, with each one being worth 5000 taels for a total of 20 thousand taels.

He was very surprised: "You really still had money?"

Chen Yu said: "That was all that remained, but I did keep some smaller denominations for use. A few days ago, I gave grandmother ten thousand taels, and this 20 thousand will be given to father. After this, daughter truly will not have anything left."