This Grandaunt Will Scare You to Death

The position of Chen Yu's shoulder blocked her line of sight and prevented her from seeing the movement of the maid's lips, so she was unable to determine what was being said. But when she turned back around, she just happened to meet Xuan Tian Ye's gaze. His usual angry expression stopped at her face for a moment then turned to the gourd at her hip.

Feng Yu Heng tugged one corner of her lips into a smirk and patted the gourd. She then raised the cup of tea in her hand and toasted him.

Xuan Tian Ye did not avoid it. Raising his cup, he downed its contents.

At this time, the singing and dancing performances had begun. Beautiful dancers went to the perform on both sides of the hall. Their movements were graceful, and their clothes were beautiful. From time to time, people would exchange cups. This was nothing more than a banquet, and it did not have anything that was fresh.

Xuan Fei Yu was the young star of this birthday banquet, so he naturally could not leave the main stage. He was presently playing around with his many uncles.

Feng Yu Heng looked around the hall before finally returning her gaze to the area before her.

To her left, the young misses, who had lost face earlier, had already left. On her right, Fen Dai moved a little closer and sat next to Xiang Rong; however, she was unable to control herself and continued to look towards Chen Yu.

Chen Yu said a few words to the young misses next to her before everyone went their own way, with Chen Yu moving closer.

Fen Dai did not want to be too close to her and wanted to move further, but she was not willing to look away from the crystal ornaments.

For some inexplicable reason, under Fen Dai's burning gaze, Chen Yu raised her hand and removed her white crystal earrings.

"Elder sister saw that fourth sister likes this item. If younger sister does not mind, you can take it."

This action not only caused Fen Dai to freeze with shock. Even Feng Yu Heng furrowed her brow.

What sort of situation was this?

Some of the nearby young misses heard what Chen Yu said and could not help but blurt: "You are going to give away such a valuable thing?"

Chen Yu smiled at the person who spoke up and calmly said: "This is my family's fourth sister. I am the elder sister. Even if I have great things, so long as my younger sister likes them, I will need to give them to my younger sister. But this set of head ornaments was gifted by a very noble person, so it would not be good to give it away entirely, otherwise" She looked at Fen Dai, "Even if elder sister gave the entire set of ornaments to younger sister, I would be willing."

The young miss teared up from what she heard and lamented: "Being able to have an elder sister like you is truly great." She then stood up and went to gossip with the young misses from other families.

Feng Yu Heng sneered mentally. Perhaps there would be rumors related to how kind the Feng family's eldest young miss was after this banquet concluded.

But she did not believe this was the only reason Feng Chen Yu was willing to part with that pair of earrings. It had to be known that the reason this set of head ornaments caused people to be shocked was because it was a full set. If it was missing a pair of earrings, the effect would lessen drastically. Feng Yu Heng felt it was impossible for Chen Yu to have the intelligence to give up on them for that reason alone.

As for the reason that item could find its way into Fen Dai's hands...

She squinted her eyes once more and watched Chen Yu put the earrings on for Fen Dai. While putting them on for Fen Dai, she said: "Last time, the earrings elder sister gave you were quite pretty, but they can not be compared to these." After changing the earrings, Chen Yu looked at Fen Dai and was unable to hold back her praise: "Fourth sister really is becoming more and more pretty. In a few years when you are a little older, I fear that elder sister will be repressed by you."