I Do Not Fear Because Nobody Dares

Feng Yu Heng was called over to Shu Ya courtyard not long after returning to the manor. When she arrived, she heard the matriarch say to everyone who had arrived before her: "Starting today and without exception, I will be spending my mornings and nights at the temple to pray for Jin Yuan's fortune. We will move the time for paying respects to before lunch."

Everyone said in unison: "Yes."

Chen Yu said: "It would be better for every courtyard to recite prayers at least once each day. There are many snowy mountains in the North. Father's safety is most important. We can not help with anything else, but we must have at least show this much concern."

The matriarch agreed fully with these words, nodding repeatedly, "Chen Yu is correct." As she said this, she finally gave Chen Yu a look of approval and saw that Chen Yu was touched.

Seeing that Feng Yu Heng had arrived late, the matriarch did not say much; however, after paying respects, Feng Fen Dai said: "Second sister is still just an unmarried girl, yet you have the courage to get in a carriage alone with another man in broad daylight. Do you not fear being gossiped about?"

Feng Yu Heng glanced at her with an expressionless face and a cold gaze "I'm not afraid because nobody dares to."

Fen Dai suddenly shuddered. She felt that Feng Yu Heng's gaze was able to completely see through a person. This caused her to immediately recall the person at the entrance of Hundred Herb Hall from earlier in the day. In reality, she did not even know that person's name; however, she did remember how she had interacted with him. She also recalled how she had hidden in a corner and watched as Feng Yu Heng revived a dead person while resolving all of Hundred Herb Hall's crises.

Today, she originally wanted to send someone over. She even thought of dealing with that person completely. Unfortunately, that was not possible. Huang Quan had gone to send him. She did not believe her own shoddy maidservants were capable of avoiding Huang Quan's detection.

Fen Dai recalled this matter, and her mood could not help but become a bit irritable. Feng Yu Heng, however, chose the moment when her mood was most unstable to say: "With the heavy snowfall a few days ago, who knows if our houses in the suburbs have been struck by the disaster. Fourth sister has lived in those houses. What do you think their situation will be?"

The handkerchief Fen Dai was holding fell to the ground, as her hands trembled. The maidservant at her side bent over to pick it up, while she calmed her nerves before saying: "It's the middle of Winter, and there are no crops being grown there. Even if it was struck by the disaster, the losses would not be great."

"That is true. Either way, it is just a few servants who are guarding it. When have the lives of servants ever been worth anything to fourth sister." She stared at Feng Fen Dai, as though she were chatting about daily life, "The time fourth sister spent living in the suburbs, was it alright?"

Fen Dai's heart was filled with panic, fear and anger. Muttering, she said: "Naturally it was not as good as you living here at home."

Feng Yu Heng, however, shook her head: "It's not as good here either because there is always someone outside who is anxious about something." As she said this, she suddenly smiled, "Fourth sister will be eleven after the new year. After another year and a half, it will be time to discuss marriage. Now that our manor currently does not have a head wife, I as the daughter of the first wife must begin to think things through for younger sister. Don't worry, second sister will remember to say a bunch of good things for you."

Once she said these things, Fen Dai and Han shi were both startled, as they both remembered that under the circumstances of not having a head wife, she as the daughter of the first wife and future official princess of Prince Yu, she had the power to manage the marriages of the daughters of concubines.