Cunning Old Liar

Upon hearing what Feng Yu Heng said, Zhang Yuan happily went to spread the message. The Emperor smiled so much that his eyes closed. In his mind, he repeatedly thought of how great a daughter-in-law she was. This daughter-in-law really was great!

Not long later, the Empress arrived with a group of imperial concubines to the inner hall of Heavenly Hall. When they were still quite far away, the one that acted most spoiled, imperial concubine Hua, began screaming: "That group of murderers from Qian Zhou, this One will definitely skin them alive!" She then quickly rushed forward and kneeled at the Emperor's side: "Your Majesty, are you alright? This concubine was worried to death."

The Empress helplessly had her palace maids go forward and pull imperial concubine Hua back. She then said: "His Majesty was already given a shock. With you shouting like this, be careful to not scare his Majesty." She then turned to ask Feng Yu Heng: "How exactly is his Majesty?"

Feng Yu Heng saluted everyone then said to the Empress: "Qian Zhou's attack came suddenly. Father Emperor was rejoicing from having seen the steel knife. Going from elation to shock in an instant, his body was unable to endure it. This illness... is quite tricky."

Hearing her say this, the Empress also became worried, quickly going forward to take a look. But the Emperor kept his eyes closed, ignoring everyone. All of the imperial concubines went forward to speak, but they did not receive a single reply.

Imperial concubine Hua wiped away tears and began crying, causing all of the other imperial concubines to also begin crying. The inner hall had become a mess.

Feng Yu Heng's gaze, however, focused on imperial concubine Gu. She then very naturally retracted her gaze. At the time that she had cooperated with the eldest prince to take a swipe at the third prince. Now that the third prince had been beaten to his current condition, his power was rapidly disappearing. The soldiers in Gan Zhou were unable to receive any food, and Xuan Tian Ming had already secretly sent people to disrupt their morale. Now, they were more or less scattered, and they no longer had their former grandeur.

Everything had gone as she had planned. Feng Yu Heng was thinking that it was time for her to pay up the bargaining chip that she had used on the eldest prince.

While the imperial concubines were surrounding the Emperor and Zhang Yuan asking all sorts of questions, Feng Yu Heng quietly walked over to imperial concubine Gu Xian's side and quietly said: "A-Heng was away from the capital for many months. Has imperial concubine's health been well? Has eldest brother been well?"

Imperial concubine Gu Xian's brow moved. Feng Yu Heng was able to take the initiative to speak with her. This meant that this girl had no intention of evading the issue. Hearing her deliberately mention Xuan Tian Qi, imperial concubine Gu Xian was a little bit more satisfied. Thus she nodded and said: "All is well. When Qi'er came to visit this One a few days ago, he mentioned that he missed his ninth brother. He was thinking of having a nice get together when you got back."

"Their brotherly relations are deep. They naturally need to get together." Feng Yu Heng calmly said: "Before leaving the capital, eldest brother advised me to bring back some mountain fruits. They are still in the imperial carriage outside the palace. When the matters in the palace have been taken care of, I will personally send them to eldest brother."

Imperial concubine Gu Xian nodded, a rare smile appearing on her old face.

She waited a little longer and saw that almost all of the imperial concubines had gone up to say a few words. Only then did she clear her throat and say: "The Summer days are hot and stuffy. I invite all of the imperial concubines to wait in a side hall. The patient requires air to flow, and it truly is not good to have so many people surrounding him."