Song of the Liberated Serfs

The day before Feng Jin Yuan left, he spent the entire day in Han shi's courtyard.

Feng Fen Dai saw that Han shi's room had a red candle lit in the middle of the day and knew that she had definitely been successful. All that remained was for Han shi's belly to put in some effort. Not only did she need to get pregnant, she had to become pregnant with a son.

But she could not fully understand Chen Yu's attitude towards Feng Yu Heng. Instead, the more she thought about it, the more she became worried.

Someone who was also worrying was Jin Zhen. Feng Jin yuan had suddenly gone to Han shi's side, and this was something Jin Zhen did not foresee. She had even sent Man Xi to try and invite Feng Jin Yuan back, but Man Xi did not even get into the courtyard before being sent back by a servant dispatched by Fen Dai.

Jin Zhen felt ill at ease. The reason she had been able to establish a foothold in the Feng manor was reliant on Feng Jin Yuan's favor. Even the reason Feng Yu Heng's good treatment of her was because she was able to capture Feng Jin Yuan's heart. If a day came where she lost his favor, she did not know what qualifications she had to stand next to Feng Yu Heng.

This was like an endless cycle. Without Feng Yu Heng's blessing, she could not attract Feng Jin Yuan. Without Feng Jin Yuan's favor, she could not receive Feng Yu Heng's support.

Jin Zhen felt that she was stuck in a vicious cycle that she could not escape. This sort of day caused her to feel uncertain, but there was nothing she could do.

Man Xi asked her: "Should we go and tell second young miss?"

Jin Zhen was shaken and quickly said: "No! We absolutely can not! Just wait a little more. Perhaps husband is just enjoying a moment of something fresh. Either way, he will be leaving tomorrow. Who knows, perhaps he will have forgotten about Han shi by the time he returns."

Man Xi did not say anything else. She could understand Jin Zhen. Thinking of how Feng Jin Yuan would be departing tomorrow, she did not think about it any further. After all, Han shi would merely have him for one night. There was no way to keep someone who had to leave.

Wang Chuan returned to Tong Sheng pavilion in the evening. She had been thinking of how Feng Yu Heng had said that she wanted to visit the military camp. The moment she entered the manor, she immediately asked: "Young miss, when will we be moving out?"

Feng Yu Heng, however, had already changed her mind: "We're not going. To go from the capital to the military camp and back is not a trip that can be completed in one night. Feng Jin Yuan will be leaving the manor tomorrow, and I will need to be there."

Wang Chuan nodded, "His Highness said so too, but he also said that it was not good to continue stopping you from going; therefore, if young miss wishes to go, he will personally send people to escort young miss."

Feng Yu Heng laughed, "How could I be that delicate. Has seventh brother's injury gotten better?"

"It's already not too visible when walking." Wang Chuan told her: "His Highness said that young miss' medicine is very miraculous."

She did not say anything further, as she knew that it would be fine if Xuan Tian Hua's foot injury got better. As for the topic of medicine, she always avoided it.

Wang Chuan also stopped talking. The longer she spent at Feng Yu Heng's side, the more she could feel that her young miss had a great number of secrets. There were definitely a number of people who would want to investigate these secrets, but it should not be her. Instead, it should be the people who were against the young miss or those who were with the young miss.

The next morning, everyone in the Feng family sent Feng Jin Yuan off, as he left the manor.

Because the matriarch was still unable to move too much, Feng Jin Yuan went to Shu Ya courtyard first to bid farewell to the matriarch before leaving the manor.