Who Exactly is Your Daughter?

Once Feng Jin Yuan said this, not to mention the children, but even the matriarch's heart froze. She had clearly just heard Princess Ru Jia talking about how uncle Feng had bought her a lantern last night. How come he completely forgot about it when it came to his own children?

Xiang Rong froze in place and felt that neither sitting nor standing were right. Her eyes began to turn red, as she lowered her head and began twisting her handkerchief.

Feng Yu Heng had a grief-filled expression and said: "Just now, father and Princess Ru Jia were talking about the custom of the lanterns. Did you forget so quickly? A-Heng only just returned this year, so it's fine for father to forget about A-Heng, but haven't you been buying lanterns every year for third sister and eldest sister?"

Originally, Chen Yu had planned on currying favor with Kang Yi. The pros and cons of the relations had already been clearly analyzed very thoroughly between her and Xing'er, but even if that was the case, seeing that Feng Jin Yuan only paid attention to Kang Yi's daughter, completely ignoring her and her sisters, she felt very uncomfortable.

"The lanterns on the fifth of the new year can light up a child's path. Does father not want for us sisters to have good futures?" Feng Yu Heng sat in her chair and spoke faintly: "The past half year was already not very good. The wound on eldest sister's forehead is still there. It's fine that father did not bring grandmother out. Daughter took care of being filial for father, as I had some takeout, similar to what the Bu family's elder madam ate, brought back. But you actually bought Princess Ru Jia a lantern, so why did you not buy a few more for us sisters?"

With her mentioning the Bu family's elder madam, the matriarch became even more unhappy. With a gloomy expression, she asked Feng Jin Yuan: "In the end, are you or are you not a father?"

Feng Jin Yuan also began to feel regret after hearing what the children said. Last night, he had only been worried about ensuring Ru Jia and Kang Yi were happy. He had completely forgotten about his own children. He also did not think that elder madam Bu going out to see the lights would be seen by Feng Yu Heng. This truly made him look very bad.

He quickly took a few steps forward and said to the matriarch: "It was Jin Yuan that made the mistake. Would mother please hand down a punishment."

"Hand down punishment?" The matriarch coldly snorted then looked at Kang Yi and Ru Jia, and her expression became even uglier: "I will ask you, who exactly is your daughter?"

In front of Ru Jia, this question was already very severe. Ru Jia felt a little out of place, and Kang Yi quickly pulled her to the side and gave her a look, telling her not to speak. She then walked forward and saluted the matriarch, saying: "This matter is Kang Yi's fault. Because this was my first time coming to Da Shun, not to mention Ru Jia, even was I very intrigued. Only then did I ask Lord Feng to bring us out to look around. Lord Feng is also considerate of Ru Jia, who does not have a father, so he dotes on her a little more. I ask elder madam not to blame Lord Feng. If there is any blame, it should be directed at Kang Yi."

Feng Jin Yuan quickly protected her, saying: "This is unrelated to eldest princess. Mother, eldest princess is the special envoy from Qian Zhou. Son taking care of her is also for the sake of the country. This is also sharing a burden with his Majesty!"

He directly brought out the Emperor's name and successfully blocked the matriarch.

Feng Yu Heng faintly sighed then turned to look at Chen Yu: "Eldest sister also does not have her mother at her side."

Feng Jin Yuan coldly snorted, "The manor's daughters of a concubine only call the first wife mother. In the future, there will be someone to dote on her. There is no need for you to worry."