27. Jealousy and Coffee Creamers

He removes his hand from my face. It's a cute little restaurant. There are vines growing up the brick sides and white Christmas lights all around the entrance. I remember Will saying that he liked Italian food when we were talking in his bed the night of the storm, so this was a good choice. I mentally give myself a little pat on the back as we walk into the restaurant. 

"Two," Will says to the lady standing by the front door. I can't help but to notice how she smiles extra big at Will. She leads us around to a table in the back. Every five seconds, she glances over her shoulder as if she's afraid we'll stop following her for some reason. She obviously just wants to stare at Will.  

"Can I start you off with something to drink?" She asks Will politely. She grabs the end of her shirt and pulls down to expose her chest even more. A Victoria's Secret model wouldn't be able to look good in those uniforms, so she needs to stop trying.

"I'll have a water," I say since Will is still looking over the menu. The lady looks over at me like she just noticed I was here.

"Okay," she mumbles. "And what about you?" She leans on the table a little as if to block me out of the picture. We're not even on a date and this is pissing me off. Will seems to be completely oblivious to her desperate behavior.

"She'll have a glass of Chardonnay. I'll have an ice tea." Will hands her the drink menu without looking in her direction.

"Sure thing." Her smile drops a little at the lack of attention, which only makes mine widen. "Richard will be your waiter." She lingers after the sentence as if she's waiting for something to happen. "I hope you'll enjoy your meal." She leaves and I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding in. I was so focused on the lady that I didn't really comprehend Will's order.

"Will!" I say in a whisper yell. His eyes widen but he doesn't say anything. "I can't have wine. I'm only nineteen."

This is now the second time in one night that I've done something illegal. Before you know it, I'm going to be robbing grocery stores and breaking into banks.

"Rosie, do you realize that you're probably one of the only college students that doesn't drink on a weekly basis? You're broadening your horizons tonight."

He's not even whispering.

"Not in a public place."

"Clam down. You can barrow my ID if it makes you feel better."

"Not funny," I say moving the napkin around the space in front of me. He laughs and the sound makes me smile as well. He needs to stop having this effect on me. I'll never be able to stay mad at him.

"Leah told me they have good wine here."

"Then why didn't you get some?" He is driving home, but the way he downed those two shots at the party forever ago gave me the impression that alcohol doesn't affect him much.

"I don't drink."

Now that's just a flat out lie. I saw him at the party.

"Well, I haven't since I moved to North Carolina."

"What about when we played Don't Say Anything?"

"You thought that I was just going to let some prick win while you were still playing? Two swallows of vodka does nothing to me anyway. When I said I don't drink, I mean I don't drink like I did in California."

I'm kind of glad I didn't know the Will from California. He doesn't sound like the same Will I'm talking to now.

"So a glass of wine wouldn't do much."