52. You Won't Regret It

I wake up, once again, to an empty bed. I wouldn't even know that Will was here except for his scent on the pillow next to me. I just want to snuggle up with that pillow and fall back to sleep, but I know Will must be awake and walking around somewhere.

I don't even realize that the shower is going until I hear it stop. Less than a minute later, Will comes out from the bathroom wearing only a towel around his waist.

God, help me now.

He's absolutely gorgeous, to a level that's just unfair. The white towel makes him look even more tan and makes his black tattoos stand out. His hair is dripping wet and falls almost to his eyes. I notice every muscle in his body has he walks over to me with a sly smile. 

"Sleep well?" he asks, his blue eyes bright and wild.

I nod, unable to move my mouth. Why would such a beautiful man want to be with someone like me? I'm the definition of average. I just don't understand it.

"I did too. It's strange, I always sleep better with you." He's talking with such confidence and playfulness. He knows how he's affecting me by standing there half naked. Damn him and his beautiful body.

"Close your mouth, Love. You'll catch flies." I quickly shut my mouth, not even conscious of it being open. He smirks before going over to collect his clothes. "Are you planning on going into the other room, or would you like to stay in here?"

My cheeks ignite.

"I'm, uh, I've got to eat breakfast. No, I don't eat breakfast. I'm, a, I'm going out there to, do stuff that needs to be done. I'll see you, when, your-r, umm, done."

His smile only gets wider as he watches me embarrass myself. I trip over my own feet getting out of the bed and scramble out of the room. I've seen him shirtless before. I don't know why I'm acting like such an idiot today. Maybe it's because we're in a hotel, and he was wearing just a towel, and that's how I picture every morning like if we ever lived together in our own house. Except, I would learn how to control myself and flirt back. I need to stop thinking about a future with him. He's made it very clear that he's not going to marry, so why even think about it? Because I want him to change his mind. That's way down the road though. I shouldn't be worrying about it. Right now, I'm just going to appreciate his good mood after last night.

Will emerges from the other room as I sit down on the couch with a bottle of water. He jumps over the side of the couch, and joins me. His smile falters as he gently grabs one of my arms. I don't understand what he's doing until he trails his fingers along my wrists.

"I'm still not over these," he whispers.

The bruises have faded to the point where they aren't that noticeable if you're not looking for them. I can see the outlines where his fingers were holding me from the different color on my skin.

"It's okay, Will. It won't happen again. Don't worry about it."

I believe him when he says he's not going to drink again. That was a freak incident, and nothing should cause him to act out like that again.

He slowly brings my hand to his face and leaves kisses all across my wrist. My stomach tightens at the ironic but beautifully sweet gesture. I've never met a kinder person.

"I wish I could take it back," he says moving to my other wrist.

"I know. Let's not talk about it anymore." I miss his teasing, happy mood already.

"Good idea." He leans back on the couch so he's up against the opposite arm rest. "I've got some questions for you anyway." I'm scared at first, but when I see his smile return, I calm down. He's definitely a morning person. I should try to talk to him about everything in the morning.