44. This Isn't Will

I become more and more anxious as I drive. I didn't wake up Kira to ask to use her car because I don't think she'll mind. The streets are relatively empty, especially as I get closer to Will's house. One AM driving is not my thing. I'm just waiting for some drunk guy to come and crash his car into me. It's a scary feeling driving by myself at this time at night, or in the morning, however you look at it. 

Will seems really upset about our little fight. I thought we'd get over it eventually, but I guess he's a lot more worried about it than I was. Unless there's something that I'm missing. What else could be bothering him?

I pull up to the dark house and peak into the garage that's open for the first time. There's a big spot in the four-car garage where a car should be. Is Will alone in the house? I hope so. I can't tell if Will is just tired, upset, or mad and I don't want Ethan around when he's any of the above. A two AM trip to the hospital would not be fun.

I walk around to the side and knock on the door. I don't remember the last time I knocked before entering Will's house, but I feel like I'm trespassing this late at night. He doesn't answer, so I open the door myself and slowly walk in.

"Will?" I say into the pitch-black room. All of the lights are off and I don't have any idea where the light switches are. It's always during the day or early afternoon when I come over, or the lights will already be on. 

The house is always exceptionally clean, but I still shuffle my feet across the floor to be careful not to trip on anything. The living room is very close to the side entrance, and I successfully make it there without bumping into anything. The moonlight shines through the large windows so I can see the outline of my hand in front of my face. The house is so creepy and intimidating in the dark. It's so much more welcoming when the sun is shining and Will is sprawled out on the couch pretending to read a textbook.

"Will?" I call into the room. I know I didn't mishear him on the phone. He asked me to come over, multiple times. I just assumed he meant his house. His car was still parked in it's normal spot. So unless he took one of Leah's cars from the garage, he should be here.   

Suddenly, I feel two hands push me up against the nearest wall. It came out of nowhere and it almost knocks the breath out of me. I panic for a second until I faintly make out Will's face in the moonlight. I thought I was getting attacked for a second there.

"Will." Before I can get another syllable out his lips crash into mine. His whole body presses against mine to keep me still has he hungrily moves his lips against mine. Alcohol. He tastes like really strong alcohol. I have no idea what kind, but I feel like I'm drinking a whole glass of it as he forces his tongue into my mouth. This isn't like the other times he's kissed me. This is possessive and greedy. I feel like I'm completely at his mercy. I can't move and I can't speak. There's a fire that's burning throughout my whole body, but the unexpected feeling of confinement overshadows it. It's almost suffocating.

"Will," I manage to breath when he trails kisses across my jaw. I push my hands against his shoulders to try and create some space between us, but he doesn't budge. Instead, he grabs my wrists and pins them against the wall with one of his hands. His other hand holds my face and the rest of him holds me in place.

"Can we just pause for one second?" I say breathless. My body feels like it's being taken over by sensation and I don't think my legs can hold my weight. I wouldn't be hesitant if he didn't reek of alcohol and it wasn't one in the morning. Something else must be wrong. Something else must have happened between me leaving and his text.

I would love to kiss Will like this if I was actually kissing Will. He said himself that he's not himself when he drinks and the proof is right now. He won't stop.