13. You're Driving Me Crazy

"What do you want?" Will asks coldly while I have a silent freak out. I just threw an egg at Will's mom. Oh my gosh. That's definitely not the way I intended on meeting her. We couldn't have simply run into each other while I was getting a juice box? No. I had to meet her covered in flour while her kitchen and son are covered in chocolate.

"I heard a lot of commotion and I thought I would just come and see that everything was alright." She says and then... smiles. She doesn't yell at us for trashing her house or for throwing eggs or being loud or anything. She looks happy.

"I'm Jessi," I decide to speak up. I'm about to walk over to shake her hand until I remember that it has sticky flour on it.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," she says sweetly. I can tell she has beautiful eyes from all the way across the room. The light reflects a sea green color when she looks at me. It reminds me of the color Will's are sometimes. She has brown hair that goes past her shoulder in slight waves. Will must have gotten his height from his father because I think she's hardly taller than me. She's dressed to the nines in high heels and an all-black lace dress that fits her figure perfectly and goes down to her knees. She doesn't look like a mom, she looks like one of those young successful people you see in commercials for adult clothing. All she needs is a male model next to her in a suit and she would look perfect on a Gucci billboard.

"Is this the friend whose car is always in the driveway?" She asks Will. It's not my car, its Kira's. She hardly drives it during the week, so I often barrow it so Will doesn't have to come and pick me up.

"I can move it if it's inconvenient," I offer.

"No," Will and Leah say at the same time only in completely different tones.

"We were just cleaning up," I try to break the apparent awkward tension between Will and his mom. "Sorry for making such a mess."

"It's really no problem at all," Leah says waving me off. "Mary can just clean it up later." That must be the housemaid. I've never seen her around the house. Although, I haven't been in a quarter of the rooms. I bet Will told her to say away so I wouldn't see her. He's so god damn humble when it has anything to do with money. 

"You can leave now," Will says in a more forceful voice. I'm surprised that Leah has kept a smile on her face throughout this whole encounter. She probably thinks I'm Will's girlfriend. My face turns red at the thought of it. The flour luckily covers up any unwanted emotion.

"Ethan and I were just about to go out for some frozen yogurt." She dresses like that to eat frozen yogurt? "Would you like to come?" She's looking at me the whole time she talks and I honestly don't know what to say. I don't think I'm exactly wearing the correct attire to eat frozen yogurt with the Hastings family.

"We have a lot of studying to do," Will answers for me.

"Right of course," she says a little disappointed. "How about lunch Sunday?"

"Leah, I think it would be best-" Will starts but I cut him off.

"I would love lunch Sunday," I say with a smile back. Will looks back at me with wide eyes.

"That's great! Can we meet at Wilson's Grill at 1:30?" Will is looking between the two of us like we're crazy.

"No she fucking can't," he almost yells. He's acting like I'm his daughter and he's talking to my rebellious boyfriend who asked to take me on vacation in North Korea. Then I would have understood his reaction, but this is just lunch. Why does he feel like he has control over me all the time?

"1:30 is perfect." Ignoring him is the best plan of action. Will glares at me and Leah smiles.

"See you later," she says and walks out of the room. I wait for Will to say something but he stays quiet while looking at the wall in front of him.

"Look Will,"

"It's no big deal," he says and goes to get a roll of paper towels from under the sink.

"Really?" He didn't seem to think so thirty seconds ago. That was a quick change in opinion.

"Yeah, because you're not going."

Never mind.

"Yes I am Will, and you should come with me."

"No. Neither of us are fucking going."

Talk about overreacting.

"Why not?" Maybe he has a justifiable reason why he doesn't want me knowing his family.

"Because they're my family. I get to say what you can and can't do with my family, and you can't go to lunch with them." He's rubbing his arms so hard that little pieces of the paper towel are breaking off and falling onto the floor.

"You're being ridiculous," I say and grab a towel just so I don't have to keep meeting his gaze. "I'm going, even if you won't come with me. If you give me one good reason, then I won't go. Use a washcloth." I had him one that was sitting on the side of the sink because the paper has all gone to bits on the floor.

"You're driving me crazy." I feel like that should be a cute, cheeky thing that someone says while flirting, but he's dead serious. If he can't give a logical reason, then I'm going. End of discussion. I hope he can sense this, because I can only argue for so long.

"You can't stop me from going." I finally decide to look up into his eyes and they immediately soften. Sea green. The exact same color as his mothers.

He takes one of his thumbs and slowly runs it across the top of my cheek and down the side of my face. I shiver underneath his gentle touch.

"You look cute covered in flour." I wonder if he's legitimately bipolar, but it's times like these when I don't question it. His mood swings are great when they go in my favor.

His hand runs down my neck and around the collar of my shirt without his eyes ever leaving mine.

"You're so stubborn," he says a lot quieter. He slips his fingers only about an inch on the inside of the top on my t-shirt and moves back and forth against my skin. He's basically only touching my neck, but it still makes my heart beat like crazy and I think I'm running out of air. I can feel his breath on my face and I swear he can feel my pulse, which is out of control. I need to say something flirty and sexy but I can't think straight. His other hand moves to my hip and my knees almost buckle.

"Jess," he whispers as he continues to move his fingers up and down the sides of my neck and face. His eyes are so warm and inviting, such a contrast to what they were when he was mad at me only a couple of minutes ago. They flicker down to my lips and then right back up to my eyes. His cologne is mixed with the smell of chocolate, which is only ten times more appealing. I could get lost in just being near him for hours.

Suddenly, something shifts in his eyes, like he forgot something or just remembered it. His hands drop from my body and he steps away. It feels like the room got twenty degrees colder from the loss of his body right next to mine and the change of atmosphere.

"Uhhh, It looks like we're not going to get this stuff off by just rubbing at it," he says like nothing just happened. "Let's go upstairs. You can use my shower."

I swallow hard before speaking, "Yeah, okay. Thanks." There's a feeling left in my stomach that I've never felt before. It's a mixture of disappointment and desire and it won't go away. He's affecting my emotions more than I would like him to. For a second there, I actually wanted him to kiss me. No. That's crazy. I'm crazy. He can't like me like that. If anything, it's just lust. His words are repeated in my head every time I get thoughts like this.

I don't date.

But I kind of wish he did.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Please Vote and Comment! I'll do a double update today if you vote a lot;)