20. Good Luck Bad Luck

Everyone has at least one perfect kiss in his or her life. Someone might get lucky and have their first perfect kiss when they're sixteen, others might have to wait until they are standing at the alter, or even on their deathbed. Some people will only have one perfect kiss, and others will have many. It all depends on how lucky you are.

I'm pretty lucky. I don't know how many perfect kisses I will have in my life, but I do know that my first real kiss is also my first perfect kiss. 

The world seems to disappear. I normally forget about reality whenever I'm with Will, but this is on a whole other level. I'm not cold. I'm not scared. I'm not worried about anything. All I can think about his him.

Our lips immediately mold together and move in sync. He scoots closer to me so our whole bodies are pressed against each other. I reach up so I can wrap my other arm around his neck, not even realizing that it was the only thing connecting us to the track of the roller coaster. Will pushes me back further so I'm up against the railing. He takes the arm that is wrapped up from his accident and grips onto the spindles behind me. The other is still holding my face. It's not necessarily a gentle kiss, but I don't think I would be able to kiss him gently if I wanted to. It's filled with the desperation that both of us have been holding back for so long. It really is perfect.

I have no idea how long it lasts, all I know is he pulls away too soon. He keeps his face only an inch away from mine as we both catch out breath. I also forgot about breathing. I probably would have passed out before I realized that I needed air.

We don't say anything, just look at each other. I don't want him to say anything. I know he's kissed his fair share of girls, and I know that it couldn't have possibly been as perfect for him as it was for me, so silence is the best response. It could mean that it was absolutely wonderful or horrifically terrible, but thinking of the more positive of the two is better than facing reality. He didn't pull away at the very beginning, that's got to be some kind of good sign. But I need to stop thinking of all the technicalities and just enjoy this moment while it lasts.

I feel a drop of water on my cheek, then my hand, then my cheek again. I see one roll down the side of Will's face and we both look up at the sky at the same time. The stars are just starting to get clouded over and our beautiful view is being replaced with freezing rain.

"We should get going," Will finally says. "It's going to rain." It was already raining, but I just nodded. He helped me stand up and kept one hand on my waist as we walked back down the stairs, very slowly. By the time we reached the bottom, it was pouring.

"It's not supposed to rain like this in December!" Will calls over the loud sound of water hitting metal. We run as fast as we can back to his car.

"I think it's the amusement park telling us the get the hell out!"

"Amusement parks don't talk!"

"Exactly, that's why they sent rain!"

He laughs at my comment and any awkwardness that I was worried about goes away. Underneath anything that we do, we're friends, and that will be the one constant that will keep us together.

We are soaked and shaking as Will puts the car in reverse and drives away leaving behind my new favorite getaway. The rain makes it feel twenty degrees colder, but I can't wipe the stupid smile off my face. We don't talk much on the way to his house, but the sound of music fills the car. He would have taken me straight back to the dorms if all my books weren't still sitting in his living room.

"I feel so bad that I didn't have an umbrella or some other kind of rain protection shit," Will says as soon as we walk inside.

"It's n-not your fault-t," I shiver as I gather all my books into a pile. As soon as I get home, I'm making a huge mug of hot tea and taking the longest shower of my life. I wish the dorms weren't another ten minutes from his house. Ten minutes seems like a really long time when I feel like an ice cub.