16. I'm Fine

Will's POV

Everything is black. Why the fuck is everything black? I try to look around but I realize my eyes are closed and I'm too tired to open them. It's actually kind of relaxing...

The bus. The little girl. Jack. It all starts coming back. I am never picking up Jack from the bus station again. I'll pay for a fucking taxi if I have to. That is, if I'm alive. It's too dark to be heaven. Heaven is supposed to be glowing white with singing angels. But then again, heaven is kind of an unrealistic expectation for me.

"Hey Will." Is that Jessi? Okay, so I'm not dead. I must be in a hospital or maybe the accident wasn't that bad and I'm just sitting in my bed. Either way, what is Jessi doing here? "They're making some crazy accusations about you out there that you really need to clear up." I try to call out her name but I can't make a sound. I can't even more my mouth. Whatever drugs they put in me makes me feel like I'm numb. Right now, I'd rather feel pain and be able to communicate with Jessi.

"It would be great if you could wake up and talk to me. I'll even let you call me Rosie if it makes you happy." I'm trying Jessi! Maybe if I could just move my hand... no. Or just open my eyes... never mind. "I know you probably hurt right now and I wish there was something I could do to help. I've been here with you the whole time." Oh shit. I wrote her down as my cousin when those bastards wouldn't stop calling me asking for emergency contacts. I didn't think any of this would happen. I guess nobody has a plan to get hit by a bus, unless they're trying to commit suicide or something crazy like that.

"I have to go, but I'll be right outside the door." No Jessi don't go. Why can't I just open my eyes? Ahhh! I feel like screaming but I can't even do that. "I'm already breaking a rule by being in here." I feel her kiss me on the top of my nose and warmth spreads thought my whole body. "You'd be proud of me," she whispers so I can barley hear her.

"What are you doing in here?"

"I told you not to see him?"

"Where did you get a key?"

"Did you break in?" Two different ladies go back and forth, half overlapping each other. I'm guessing they're the nurses that take their job way to seriously. I'll call them Bitch One and Bitch Two.

"You need to leave right now," Bitch One says. I hear Jessi mutter a response, probably apologizing, and then a door slam.

"We can take him off some of the relaxers now. He should be able to wake up soon."

Yes Bitch Two, I'm already awake.

The beeping sound in the room slows down and I immediately start to feel better. My head starts throbbing and there's a sharp pain in my arm, but at least I can move. I blink my eyes a couple of times to get adjusted to the light and look around the room. My bed is only slightly elevated, so I can't see much, but I do see Bitches One and Two staring at me like I'm an insect.

"Are you awake?" One of them asks.

"The fuck kind of question is that?" They act like high school interns even though they look older than me.

"He's awake," the other one says and they both scribble something down on their clipboards.

"Was there a girl in here a minute ago?" I ask and they both hesitate to make eye contact.

"We're sorry about that. She shouldn't have been in here. We made sure the door is properly locked and she won't be-"

"Can I see her?" She seems insulted to be interrupted.

"You're not in the proper mental state to-"

"I'm fine. You can let her in." I interrupt again just because the look on her face is priceless.