83. I Was Trying To Be Flirtatious

Will's POV

"Jack says we should switch two of the rooms around," Vin says rolling his eyes while looking at his phone.

"Jack's not here," I grumble tapping my pen against my blank sheet of paper. We've had to deal with Jack's ridiculous suggestions all evening and it's about to push me to my breaking point. I'm sure he just wants the whole event to collapse so he can blame me for it. He technically should be sitting here right now instead of me, but someone needed to stay behind and run the rest of the company. I'm sure he's shitting his pants without Matt or Vin or I there to help him.

"But we do have to take his requests into consideration," Vin defends half-heartedly. Why is he even defending Jack?

"Not if everything he's requesting is ridiculous."

"Will," Matt warns but I ignore him.

"Can we make an agreement not to look at our phones until the meeting is over?"

"I don't think that's a decision you're qualified to make," Matt says rather quietly. I feel like mocking him and shoving his shoulder, but I know that I shouldn't.

"You're right," I say even though I don't believe it. I look up at Mr. Washington and Arizona silently because I can't remember their names.

"The suggestion to switch any of the rooms around is too last minute and wouldn't do any good," Washington finally says. He doesn't mention that everything Jack has said wouldn't do any good, but I leave it be.

The head of paintings from Washington sits next to me and the head of artifacts from Arizona sits across the table. It's just the seven of us in the large room, but it feels like eight with Jack constantly making his presence known through Vin's phone.

The meeting continues on and I glare at Vin every time he looks at his phone so he won't speak for Jack again. It seems to do the trick, because not one of Jack's ignorant comments is brought up the rest of the night.

The artifacts guy from Arizona is old and talks really slow and doesn't know a thing about business, but I actually enjoy listening to the paintings guy from Washington. It's interesting to hear about the pieces he picked to be featured and why he choose them. I find myself getting off topic more than once.

By eleven o'clock, we've talked through every aspect of the event three times and there's nothing else we can change or do to prepare for tomorrow. For some reason, Mr. Arizona feels the need to drag out the meeting as long as humanly possible. I want to punch him in the face every time he says, "Okay, well that's secure. Let's move on to my next bullet point..." Him and his fucking bullet points. He must have twenty pages full of them. I'm not exactly a huge fan of Mr. Washington either, but I'd pick him to run a meeting over this ancient man any day.

Everyone seems to have their phones out on the table, so I slip mine out of my pocket and place it on the table next to my notebook. I make sure to look like I'm still paying attention to whatever bullshit he's repeating as I compose a text.

To: Jessi From: Will

How was your shopping trip? Did you buy something nice to wear tomorrow? ;)

-Will

I realize a second after I send the text that I put a winking face instead of a smiling face. Shit, I hope she doesn't take that the wrong way.

I'm about to fix my mistake when I get a reply.

To: Will From: Jessi

I bought a dress, if that's what you were referring to, but I noted your winky face. I would never by lingerie without first getting a color and style preference from you.