Chapter Thirty Three: The Finale [Part 3]

Hiruzen

I watched my former student cradle his hurt arm, or what was left of it. What Tam cut off before she passed out bled on the roof. The purple-black walls came down, his four assistants came to aid him.

Tash was dead.

“Take her,” Orochimaru spat. “Quickly before the old man gets to her.”

I shot to my feet quickly. No, they couldn’t! They mustn’t! “Tash!”

She was in the arms of a sound ninja with three red dots on his forehead. I started forming hand seals. “I won’t let you take her!”

“Quickly!” Orochimaru hissed. The ninja holding her disappeared just as my Fire Dragon Jutsu spewed from my mouth. Orochimaru was carried off as well.

I bit the inside of my cheek, swearing loudly. I threw kunai at him, but they missed him, just barely. He took Tash. He has another body.

I should’ve killed him that time. Then none of this would’ve ever happened.

I don’t see how any of this could get any worse. Kakashi and some ANBU appeared on the roof, looking rather shocked at the scene before them.

“Where’s Tash?” Kakashi asked.

“I’ll explain later,” I said. Kakashi looked ready to press me for answers. I shook my head.

He sighed. “Hai.” Kakashi said.

“Take Tam to the hospital,” I said. Kakashi scooped Tam up into his arms and looked at me. “How is she?” I asked.

“Battered, bruised, bloody, unconscious, no Chakra. She’ll be okay.” Kakashi said.