Chapter fourteen: Train And Train Some More

“Thanks,” I said nodding to him. “I should probably go check on Zabuza and Julie, anyway.”

“Just come back if you have a question—oh, ask Sayuri. She’s your right hand girl now,” Gramps said.

“Will do, thanks again Gramps! Catch ya ‘round,” I said, and I headed out of his office.

Julie

I felt someone tugging on my nose with enough force to rouse me, but not with enough force to yank it off my face. I scrunched up my face and swatted at the arm. It was somewhat muscular, and the tight grip whoever it was had on my nose kept me from smelling anything.

“Hey, are you going to wake up any time soon?” tumbled a low bass tone voice.

My eyes shot open. But of course, I couldn’t see.

“Who? Who are you?”

“Who do you think?” he asked.

Jensen started to panic again. Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck. Someone’s going to either kill me, rape me, or both, but not in that order because that’d be gross.

“Hey, hey! You might want to calm down,” he said. “You don’t want your heart all over the walls, do you?”

Whoever it was, he was right. I knew it was a he because females don’t talk like that! Well Tam sometimes yeah. His voice was kinda sexy, though. I’d totally tap that, but I really didn’t need to have another episode, like I did last night. Why wouldn’t he let go of my nose though?!?!?!

“Can you let go of my nose?” I asked. I needed to smell this guy, whoever he was. Then I’d have some clue as to who he was, even if I didn’t know him.

“You gonna freak out?” he asked.

“Well maybe,” I said. I wasn’t really sure.

“Don’t really need ya freaking the fuck out,” he growled. “Like you did yesterday.”

Yesterday? FUCK. “Zabuza?!!” I asked, and Jensen kicked it into overdrive. I began to panic, I couldn’t breathe anymore.

Zabuza released my nose slowly, and his smell attacked me. Why the fuck was he so close? What the hell was he doing in my hospital room?

Why’d he smell so nice?!?

I sat up, scrambling back. “Get away, get back,” I said and slipped off the edge of the bed.

“Hey! Calm the fuck down!” He grabbed my arm and pulled me. I screamed.

“Stop, stop, I don’t, I can’t—MMPH!” his hand clamped over my mouth and he pinched my nose shut. Jensen stopped panicking. It was very, very sudden that it stopped.

I muttered against his hand, “What the hell?”

“Fuck,” Zabuza growled. “Calm down, shit.”

I said against his hand, “What’s going on? Why are you here?”

Zabuza grumbled something, and I hardly heard him. “What?”

“I said, ‘sorry’!” he said rather roughly. It didn’t come out as an apology, since it sounded so mean.

I grabbed his hand and pulled it off my mouth. I grabbed his hand when he moved to remove it off my nose though. That needed to stay there. I didn’t want to well, freak out anymore!