Chapter Ten: Travel Back

Recap…

Tam

We pulled our swords out and kicked him off the edge of the bridge, his last words echoing, “You devils…”

I thought about that. “Huh, I like it.”

Zabuza rested his sword on his shoulders. “What?”

“Devils,” I said, sheathing my sword. “The Devil Siblings. Whatcha think, bro?”

“Don’t call me bro,” Zabuza said. “And sure.” He smirked. “Sis.”

. . . .

Julie

If you’ve ever felt that you should be in two parts instead of one, especially by how breeze and blood clot your fresh crevice, then you probably know how much pain I’m in right now. That, or at least how it feels to be rent open from hip to shoulder.

Breathing hurt, so I tried to do as little of that as possible. Proto dropped the dome a while ago. It’s funny, since I think the shock brought a bit of my vision back---not everything’s in parchment and ink, like I figured out how to make it.

That sword cut me deep; I expected as much, but, well.

“Shit,” I ground, shifting my hurt shoulder. Sasuke appeared over me, said something about not moving too much---I wasn’t paying attention. I was too busy drawing things on his face; with my mind of course. My vision does that now. My subconscious applies doodles to faces unless there’s nothing to doodle.

I laughed a little bit---oh, damn, that hurts worse than breathing.

“Should get her medical attention,” Kakashi said, appearing at the edge of my canvas. Liss, Tash, and Tazuna hovered over me as well. “Is there a hospital nearby?”

“Yeah, for the workers,” Tazuna said. “Don’t think they fix that, though.”

“We have to try something!” Sakura shouted from wherever she was. “Look at her!”

“We know that, Sakura,” Kakashi said. “We’re trying to move as quickly as possible.”

I wanted to wave, but my arm wouldn’t move.

“Brush,” I grumbled. If I could get Tigerlily, he could burn the wound shut until we get back.

"Brush?" Tash asked. She looked around. I repeated myself, with a little more force. My cut shifted, clots broke and I groaned in pain.

"Her paintbrush," Kakashi said.

"I got it!" I heard Naruto say. I forced my arm to move to grab the handle when he showed up, fox ears and all (because I drew them on him, guys. Parchment vision, ‘member? You ‘member).

Weakly, I painted the symbol for Fire. Tigerlily appeared a distance away. He was the only plot of orange on the parchment that was my sight; I missed him a little bit, and seeing him gave me strength for what I was about to do.

As I sat up with help from Assistant Sasuke, Tigerlily helped me out of my shirt; shocked, everyone looked away from me. I’d be happier if they stayed that way, but of course, they were curious as to what I was doing.

“What are you doing?” Sakura eventually asked as I shredded my battle skirt and tied it tightly around my lower waist, near the bottom of my wound.

“Burning it shut,” I ground through my teeth, pain shooting through every pore.  I had Tigerlily tie me up under my arm and across my chest. Circulation? Halted.

“Alcohol?” I asked. Tigerlily always kept a bottle of whiskey around; it was his favorite drink from where I drew him up.

I doused my wound, the cold burn sizzling infection. I laid back down, and gently pushed Sasuke away from me.