Chapter One: Where Are We...?

Chapter One: Where Are We…?

Tam

So here I was, sitting in Math, which is nothing fun at all. To my left sat my mate, Lisa, and to my right sat Tash. The class silently counted down to the bell, and the oblivious teacher went on and on.

Come on,

I thought, staring at the clock. 5…4…3…2…1…!

Buzz Buzz!

"Hell is over!" I shouted, jumping out my chair along with Lisa. Both of us sprinted side-by-side into the hallway that was already filled with children.

"Gang Way!" I screamed. Like normal, at the sound of my voice, these guys parted like the Red Sea. We made our way through, Tash running down after us.

We ran from school and we ran the short distance to Lisa’s place. Today was Friday and we were going to watch Naruto from the start to the end. We were staying at Lisa’s for the weekend to watch the whole thing.

We ran into her house, pushed her older brother out the way, and jumped onto the sofa.

"Abracadabra, turn on!" I shouted, pointing to the TV. Me, not being magic like I hoped, the TV stayed black. "God Dammit." I turned and glared playfully at the two laughing at me.

"I'll do it then, shall I?" Tash suggested, walking over and putting the first DVD in.

"Good doggy," I said, patting her head as she sat to my left.

"And…Play!" Lisa shouted, pressing play.

The sad people we were started singing along to the opening, moving our bodies to the music. Instead of the normal beginning there was a blinding light coming out the TV.

The world of Naruto summons you to her side. You know the future, you know our path. Show us the way away from demise, Tam…Lisa…and Tash.

Within the next 2 minutes, I blacked out, the only thing I remember having was a sore head.

...

Julie

God, I just want to be through with this day! Can I just be frickin’ done already?

Fumbling with my keys, I shoved them into the door and jingled them around. I shouldered my bag higher up on my arm. It slipped further down. I swore like the sailor I wasn’t, leaving my stubborn key and door alone for a second so I could yank my bag back onto my shoulder.

I just got back from a Geology exam I didn’t study for; a Lab test that metaphorically punched me in the throat; an English In-class essay so full of crap and lies I clogged my arteries with it; and physical education at the college Rec Center, where I practically die every day of an asthma attack, and somehow return to life.

…I really hate school.

When the lock finally decided to turn, I slammed my hand on the handle and pushed the door open to silence.

Always the first one back,

I mused bitterly, always the first one alone.

I went through the effort of getting my homework done within the hour of arriving home so I could jump on my computer with no regrets. After changing into some fat pants (sweats), a tee, and pulling my dreads (at least I hope they’ll become dreads) into a ponytail, I swiveled around in the spiny chair and watched the colors of my room mix as I turned.

…There is very little required to keep me entertained.

I surfed the internets, checking my Gmail, my Email, my F-mail, and my D-mail. After all that’s out of the way, I spun around in the chair more as I waited for Mangareader.net to load.