Chapter Eighteen: Written Exam!

“Yeah,” I said raising an eyebrow at him. “What of it?” I asked and he shrugged and turned away.  

“Come on, Tamz,” Tash said clamping a hand on my shoulder. 

“Okay, okay I’m coming. Oh, Sasuke no getting into fights, and that goes for you, too, Lee-kun,” I said as me, Lisa, and Tash walked off to the third floor.

...

Julie

Tigerlily shouted at me to get him out of the water prison. I’m working on it, can’t he see that? I flipped two kunai out of my pocket and winged them at the Zabuza clone holding Tigerlily in the water prison. He knocked them away with his sword just as Tank whipped around back and crashed into him. The Zabuza clone’s hand wrenched from the prison. Tigerlily collapsed to the ground in a pool of water.

Too wet to ignite anything, so I had to do the right thing and send him back. Shit.

As Tank swam through the mist to my side again, Zabuza was shouting out another jutsu. “Water Release: Water Dragon Bullet!”

Roaring waters blasted towards my position out of the fog. Dropping any hope of deflecting it, I dove for the ground. The dragon shot past me, but reared up and roared at my back as I got to my feet and bolted away. I knew it was running after me. The ground was shaking as it made a war path just to cut me on my back. I winced as I grabbed onto Tank’s fin. He helped me put distance between me and the water dragon.

My foot sunk into something wet and I cried out as I sunk into the water. The rumbling stopped, thankfully. I swam to the surface and climbed up top, coughing out water as footsteps sloshed my way.

“Shit,” I swore. My Dad (Gai) wasn’t necessarily the one to teach jutsu; he hardly knew any himself. I had to go to Kakashi to learn how to make clones, remember?

Pole clashed with sword again; at least I could tell that this was the original Zabuza. He smelled like him where his clones smelled like, well, water!

But Jensen having a field day, doki-doki-ing in my ear like that; that was getting stressful.

I narrowed my eyes in focus, grinding my teeth together as I tried to meet Zabuza slash for slash. He nicked me a couple of times, and I know I bruised him once or twice. I flipped over his shoulder behind him and caught him on the back.

My pole slipped through the after image.

“Too slow,” he growled behind me. His sword sank into the back half of my shoulder.

I jumped away before it could slice my arm off. I landed a distance away from him, gripping my wound  and gnawing the inside of my cheek. Shit, this hurt like a motherfucker. Nothing’s more irritating than seeing your blood floating on the water.

Wait, blood? I can see blood? Color? What? Now that I think about it, I’ve been seeing, like actually seeing for a while now. That, and Tank’s been whimpering at me to calm down.

Zabuza swung his sword around in a circle by that hole in his blade.

I tensed. He planned on throwing it.

“I like BBQ,” Zabuza said cockily, gaining more momentum on his swing. He swung his arm back and then slashed it forward, releasing his sword at that moment.

Fuck.

Tam

“Tam! How ya been?” Kiba said the second I walked through the door.