Chapter Twenty Nine: Thanks Misplaced

I walked into the living room to find Zabuza crashing on the big sofa—he must’ve gotten back before I did—taking up all the room and Haku and Asuma sat on the two man sofa. Right now I had nowhere to sit. Ha, not for long. 

“Hey,” I said calmly as I walked into the living room. Asuma ran over a caught me in a hug.

“Don't ever walk out the Hospital like that again.” I cringed and stiffened up at the word hospital. He let me go and looked me in the eyes. “Are you okay?” he asked. 

“Yeah,” I muttered, walking into the living room more. I smirked at Zabuza. He was awake I knew that. I’m not stupid, but he had his eyes closed.

That’s all I needed.

I turned so my back was facing him and jumped backward. I landed on his stomach. 

“Ugh,” he grunted as the wind left him. I laughed as I sat there. 

“You took up all the room, fatty,” I said, punching his shoulder. 

He grumbled and threw his arm back over his eyes. “Ya little shit.”

I snorted as he sat up and made me fall into his lap. He shoved me onto the sofa where he made space as I laughed.

“Don’t like physical contact with the opposite sex?” I said with a laugh.

“Not from you,” he mumbled, cursing under his breath as we sat for a bit and watched TV.

 …

After some time, I stood with a sigh and stretched out. I grinned at the boy’s on the sofas and headed to the stairs.

“I’m heading to my room. Any of you know if Lily’s back from fucking Akamaru?” 

“HEY!” me and the guys snorted in laughter as Lily ran into the house. It seems that when I was in the Forest of Death, Asuma and some others made doorways and tunnels for Lily to get round the house without having to be with someone. 

I walked into my room and sat at my desk as Lily curled up on the bed and went to sleep. I smiled as I pulled my sketchbook out and began drawing her. She’s so cute!

FF

I  walked through the village, looking for Hayate and Baki. It was dark out now, about 7, 8 o'clock. I was starting to get rather annoyed, I couldn't find them anywhere. I mean come on. I know they’re fighting and I can't find them anywhere.

Then I heard noises. I stopped where I was and focused to see what I could hear. It was grunts and groans, the sound of fighting. Just a few roofs ahead.

I jumped up into the air and landed safely on the roof. I looked round and spotted the fight I was looking for. I headed that way. Need to help.

As I ran that way, Julie blocked one of Baki’s slashes. She’d found them before me. Hayate was backed against the wall, clutching his chest. I ran faster. I didn’t want Hayate to die, but I didn’t want Julie to get hurt anymore, either!

Baki swung his wind blade back and went to slash at Julie again. She caught the attack on her kunai, but fell to her knees from the force. Baki brandished his sword; he swung it down. I skidded to a stop in front of the fallen shinobi and caught Baki’s wind blade with my sword.

“Back off!” I hissed, my eyes set in a glare at the man before me.

“Tam,” Julie said, breathing relief. He began to push much of his weight on my sword. My arms began to shake with the force we were both pushing with. “Ahh!” I screamed as I pushed him back as much as I could.