Chapter Twenty-Four: Sprinklers

There was a match or two from people that I never saw in the Anime or Manga before it was Gaara and Lee’s fight. I sent Gaara a warning glare before looking over to Lee. I smiled as I pulled Lee into a hug.

“Good luck, Bestie,” I said, laughing at little.

“May youth shine through!” he shouted out. I laughed as he jumped down and stood before Gaara.

...

It was nearing the end of their fight, and I was ready to stop Lee from getting his leg crushed. I don't care if it  was ‘meant’ to happen, or any of that shit.

I need to stop it. Julie would stop it, too, if she were here!

I called out when the sand headed towards Lee’s standing but unconscious body. “Don’t you fucking dare Gaara!”

Gaara grunted at me as the sand wrapped ‘round Lee’s leg. “Gaara,” I warned. “I will come down there a kick your ass into next w—”

Lee cried out as the sand crushed his leg. The sand went at Lee again as Lee started to get back up again.

In a flash, me and Gai were before him and I did my best to smash the sand to one side. I sent Gaara a dirty look. I was pissed, beyond belief. I warned him, and he went against me!

“Lee, that’s enough,” Gai said. “Jurei-kun would tell you the same thing.”

“What makes you aide him?” Gaara asked.

“Love,” I said. “The same love that I have for you, Gaara.” I want to save you all, why can’t you see that?

That seemed to struck a chord, though. Gaara reached up to touch his forehead, over where he carved love. “You don’t know me,” Gaara hissed.

“I know you well enough. I know you better than you know yourself.”

“Just as much as I love Jurei-kun, I love Lee as my precious student.” Gai said. “You’re done Lee,” Gai said gently to him.

I walked over to the student and teacher and knelt down by Lee. I placed a kiss on his forehead and patted Gai on the shoulder before standing. I turned to Gaara with a strong look.

“You’ll apologize to him, sooner or later—it don't matter. You will.” I said, walking off to the upper level. As I walked passed Asuma and his team, I looked over at the board. Name after name after name before it stopped.

Shikamaru. I smiled.

“Yo, Lazy shit. Get your butt in gear and win this thing!” I said, patting his shoulder as I passed.

“How troublesome,” I mouthed to myself as Shiky said it.

With a sigh, Shikamaru walked down to fight. I didn't really watch the fight, but I did laugh when I saw Kin smack her head.

“Well done, Shikamaru!” Me and Choji shouted at the same time. That was when I smacked him in the back of the head.                                                                    

“No time to celebrate Choji-bear, you’re up.” I said with a halfhearted smile.

“If you win, I’ll take you to an all you can eat BBQ,” Asuma told him.  

“Now that—” I held up my finger, cutting him off.

“It gets better, Choji-bear. I’ll cook up the best meal of your life, from scratch,” I said with a grin.