Chapter Twenty-One: Rematch!

Tam

I woke up with a raging headache. Tash and Liss were hanging over me, looking at something going on ahead of them and not down at me. How long was I out? My head is killing me!

Tash looked down at me and gasped. “Tam!”

Liss looked at me, too. “You bitch; you scared the shit out of me!”

I snickered a little. That seriously hurt. “What’s going on?” I asked, sitting up.

“Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji showed up and took out Dosu,” Liss told me.

“Neji and Tenten showed up, too,” Tash told me. “They helped defend you from Zaku.” Out the corner of my eye, Sasuke was approaching Zaku, who looked scared shitless of Sasuke.

“Back up! Leave me alone!” Zaku said, scooting away from Sasuke. Sasuke was covered in his curse marks, and Kin was still whimpering from Tash’s genjutsu. It must have been something to put her down for the count.

“First you hurt Tam, which is unforgiveable,” Sasuke said in an eerie voice that even scared me a little. “Then you hurt Sakura,” he added, kicking Zaku over and grabbing his arms. “Let’s see how you function without your arms.”

I had to stop him. I tried to get up with Liss and Tash’s help. Getting slammed in the head is not good for the rest of the body, as I’ve noticed. “Sasuke cut it out; that’s enough!” I shouted as Zaku began to scream in agony. I winced as I heard the bones come out of their sockets. Goddamn, it was freakier in person.

Sasuke dropped Zaku’s arms. He looked prepared to attack him even more. Shit, was he this kill happy in the anime?

“Sasuke, stop!” Sakura cried out, running out and hugging him from behind.

I guess she could help, too.

Just then, my head started spinning. Ugh. Standing up made me woozy. I hacked up blood and the worry on all their faces pricked up again. I started to black out as Tash and Liss lowered me back down. As soon as my head hit the wood, I passed out again.

Tash

I bit my bottom lip, worried about Tam. I hope she was okay. “Lisa we have to get her to the tower,” I said looking other to Lisa.  

“She’s too heavy for us,” she said. I knew that, though. “One of the boys is going to have to.”

“Shino’ll do it!” Kiba said as his team jumped down from somewhere in the trees. Was everyone watching this?

Shino looked angry about it. “Kiba, it’s rude to volunteer people—“

“Yeah, Shino!” Lisa and I said at the same time. He looked in our direction.

“She does get on well with you,” Liss explained.

“Right,” he said, nodding.

“You’re kidding,” Sasuke said. “I’ll do it. I owe her.”

“It’s been settled Shino is,” Lisa told him firmly. Sasuke growled. He looked angry about it.

“Whatever, as long as she’ll be okay,” Neji said. I looked at him and nodded as Shino walked over. We helped set Tam on his back. As we suspected, she latched on like a baby sloth.

“Me, Tenten and Lee need to get another scroll,” Neji said. “We’ll head off now.” Tenten nodded and waved before jumping into a tree. Neji looked at Tam on Shino’s back before jumping off. As he landed, they all jumped off. I turned to the rest of them.