Chapter Five: Missions

• Dedicated to Minke Mosler

 Recap…

Tam

After what seemed like forever, I headed home. I guess that’s what it is now. Home. I can't keep calling it Asuma’s place. I live there now, so it’s home.

. . .

Beep, beep, beep, beep.

7:00AM? Already?

With a groan, I rolled out of bed and headed to my dresser to pick out my clothes. I dragged myself into the bathroom and took an amazing shower.

That woke me up nicely!

I left the shower and brushed my hair. I dried myself and got dressed in the clothes I picked out. I walked into the kitchen and made some food before lighting a fag and heading out the house.

Teams  were meeting outside of the Hokage's building for their silly D-rank missions.

I was the first to arrive at the building. I sighed and lit a fag, I slipped my headphones over my head and played my music. I leaned against the wall and tapped my foot on the wall as I looked round smoking. I nodded to Genma as he walked over and stood by me. I put the fag out as we waited for the others.

When the other three members of our team finally arrived, Julie arriving last for some reason, I turned my music down as we walked to the Mission control room. Julie stumbled on the stairs and Liss had to catch her.

“You okay?” she asked.

“What? I’m fine,” said Julie.

“You sure?” asked Genma. Julie nodded. She was facing a different direction than Genma.

Something’s up.

Genma, on the other hand, just shrugged and knocked on the door.

Without giving the Hokage time to answer, Genma opened the door and we walked in. We all bowed to Gramps and Iruka, who was sat at the desk next to Gramps.

"Team 9,” Gramps read from the list,  “you have dog walking, babysitting, digging for potatoes and shopping for an elderly woman."

"Right cool, how fun for us" I said taking the scroll from Gramps and walking out the room with Lisa at my side.

"What ya want to do first?" I asked her.

"Let’s do the shopping,” said Lisa. Of course she wanted to go shopping. “Tash and Genma can do another one they want to do, and Julie can do whatever she wants to do, then we’ll do the last one together.”

“The faster we get this done the better,” said Julie, more to herself than to anyone else. I looked at her, but she never looked at me.