Chapter Three: Pass The Test!

Recap…

"You have to do the clone jutsu for us, please," Iruka said.

The other ninja in the room who stood beside the Hokage was the one that was going to screw up Naruto’s life. I found myself glaring at him, thinking of all the horrible things Mizuki did – and would do -- to poor Naruto.

I shook off knowing the future and started forming hand signs.

Okay,

I steeled myself. Here I go!

. . .

Tam

"Clone Jutsu!" I called, and nine clones appeared behind me. I beamed happily.

Iruka blinked and clapped his hands. "Wow! Well done, Tam. You pass. Here." Iruka handed me a headband.

"Well done, Tammy," Mizuki said, smiling at me.

"Don't talk to me," I hissed at him. He looked rather confused at my hostility. "Thanks, Iruka-sensei." I said, taking the headband from Iruka.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out two safety pins. I tried to pin my headband to the sleeve of my leather jacket.

Didn’t do too well. Fail, much.

"Tam," Iruka asked gently, "do you want some help?"

"Yes, please," I said smiling at him. Iruka walked over and took the pins and headband from me.

After a moment of struggle, Iruka said, "The pins won’t go through the leather."

"Shit," I cursed, "will you pin it to the sleeve of my top please?" I asked taking my jacket off.

Both Iruka and Mizuki blushed as I shed my jacket.

Then Iruka just looked confused. "How do you want me to pin it? You’re wearing a tank top." He questioned.

"Pin it there and there," I said pointing to either side of the strap. The headband now hung off my shoulder.

"Thanks," I said, and walked out the room. Iruka followed me.

Just before I opened the door of the classroom, I flung the jacket over my shoulder and strolled in casually.

Naruto, Liss, Julie, and Tash shot to their feet.

"Tam! You passed!" Naruto shouted, running up to me and crushing me in a hug.

"I knew it!" Lisa said as she and Tash walked up to me.

"Yeh, buddy," Julie said, putting her hands on her hips and nodding. Naruto released me and I smiled at them all.

The three of them hugged me. "Thanks guys," I laughed. "So, who's next Iruka-sensei?" I asked as I turned to Iruka.

"Umm…Lisa, it’s you," Iruka said looking at her with a smile.

His smile retreated when she leered at him. "It’s Liss," she hissed.

"Haha, go whip ass, my lover!" I said, hugging Liss for luck.

"I shall, I shall," she said, walking off with Iruka.

I strode over to Sasuke, and slapped my hand on the desk next to him. He kept looking ahead, over his folded hands.

I didn’t care. I sneered at him. "See this Sasuke? I became a ninja before you," I said, pointing to the headband on my arm.

Sasuke looked as though he were about to say something when he was interrupted.

"You shouldn't brag, you know."