Chapter Twenty Seven: Takashi

“Yeah well deal with it. I already told you I don't stick to stereotype.” I said standing and handing him my hand. He took it and I pulled him to his feet. He smiled at me and I retuned it as we slowly started our walk to his house.

“You training tomorrow?” I asked.

“Yeah, me, Ino, and Asuma,” he said. “How about you?”

“Yeah me and Naruto,” I said.

It was getting dark and the stars were starting to come out. I smiled. I know what. I’ll go on the roof and star gaze for a bit. That’s always fun. Oh I’ll see if Shiky likes star gazing. Maybe tomorrow we could star gaze for a bit together.

“Hey Shikamaru do you ever star gaze?” I asked.

“I have once or twice why?” he asked.

“Do you want to star gaze with me tomorrow?” I asked.

“Sure, sun set at the normal place?” he asked.

“Yeah,” I nodded. We walked in silence ‘til we came to a stop at what I guess was his house. He opened the door and stood in the doorway as he turned back to me.

“Okay well... umm,” he wasn’t sure what to say. When he opened the door, both his mom and dad came out the kitchen and were now badly hiding and watching us. “So, yeah umm. Thanks for walking me, ah, home.” he said with a blush as he scratched the back of his head.

“No problem,” I said with a nervous laugh. “Well I guess I’ll see you tomorrow and, um, good luck with training, yeah.” I too was scratching the back of my head with a smile and a tiny blush.

“Yeah thanks, same to you,” he said. He stopped and looked behind him for a second. His mom whispered something to him and he turned back to me with red cheeks. “W-would you like to c-come in?” he asked.

“Umm,” I took a deep breath. What the hell was happening to me? Fuck this shit. “Sure, if it’s okay with your mom and dad,” I said.

“Shiky, who’s the girl?” his mom asked.

“My friend Tammy.” he said.

“Tammy who?” his dad yelled, walking over from the kitchen.

“Sarutobi sir,” I said calmly.

“Oh! I know who you are!” he shouted.

“Yeah I am but can you please keep it to yourself? Your son is not to know this information.” I said, nodding to Shikamaru.

“Oh right, sorry,” he said. He smiled. “Jurei-san has a lot of faith in you. Has she told you the battle plan for a month from now?”

Battle plan? Did she? “I don’t recall. I should ask her.”

“Ha, you should,” Shikaku said, patting me on the shoulder. “You’re very important to the survival of the Third, she tells me.”

I blinked. Julie put that much trust in me to save Gramps? Of course, I’d save him, even if it meant giving up my own life when that fight came.

“Yeah,” I said. “I’ll save him, even if it kills me.”

Shikaku patted my shoulder one more time before walking off. I turned to Shiki and his mom. “Sorry guys,” I said, scratching the back of my head. “I have to head home. Asuma’s expecting me for dinner.”

“Oh, okay,” he said as his mom walked off somewhere. I stepped forward and gave him a hug and peck on the cheek. I know his mom and dad saw. That made me smirk. I turned on my heels and walked away.