Chapter Thirty: Koori

“HAYATE!” I screamed. The doctor looked at me then nodded for the nurse to try again. After some pumps and a shock, she shook her head again. I sobbed.

“NOOO!!” I screamed.

“Don’t give up! Don't you dare!” I screamed, throwing the doors open. “I’ve lost too many people, please!” I cried as I got dragged back out by Kakashi.

“Tam, you’re not helping!” Kakashi shouted at me. I ignored him.

The doctor looked pained before he said something to the nurse. She said something back, shaking her head. He shouted something, pointing at the door. He looked at me then back to Hayate. He pointed at Hayate then the door again. The nurse hesitated before nodding and pumping at Hayate’s chest again.

I let a shaky breath out. I hope they save him. I looked at the floor and did the one thing I could do. I pushed Kakashi away from me. His arms were still against me, holding me in place. He stumbled back as I dashed forward, throwing a punch at the wall. It cracked a little, so I stopped.

Can't break the hospital down.

Pain. I need pain. Pain makes me feel…better.

I pulled out a kunai and drew it across my wrist. I cried in sorrow. I pushed Kakashi and the doctors away and drew it across again, a bit higher. Not done this for so long but fuck it.

“My fault, all my fault!” I shouted, drawing it across my wrist again. Kakashi got to his feet and kicked the kunai from my hand. I screamed in rage at him, “You fucker!” I cried.

I looked through the window again. Before I got the chance to do anything else, Julie’s fist crashed into the side of my face.

I flew into the wall, not expecting the hit. She grabbed me by the wrist and stabbed her thumb into the cuts.

"You think this is fucking okay?!" she shouted at me. "Huh? Do you?"

"Fuck off, bitch!" I shouted, raging at her now. "You don't know anything!"

"Answer my fucking question!" She shouted, throwing me against the wall.

"Jurei!" Kakashi said. "Enough!"

She ignored him, slamming her hand into my chest and pulling herself to me on the wall. I grabbed around her arm, trying to fight her off with all my strength. Her arm didn't move. She ripped off her sunglasses, shattering them on the floor. "DO YOU THINK THIS IS MOTHERFUCKING OKAY?"

I ignored the black pooling in her eyes. "SO WHAT IF I DO?"

"YOU FUCKING IDIOT!” she shrieked in my face. “DO YOU THINK THIS IS HELPING? HUH? IS THIS HELPING HAYATE? IS THIS FUCKING HELPING YOU, JEANIE? HUH?"

I looked at my feet, my wrist dripping blood onto them. Julie was muttering that name.

“Jeanie, Jeanie…” she whispered.

My feet were soggy with blood. A nurse ran by with a machine and IV.

"Where's that going?" I shouted. "Where's that going?"

"Looks like they're hooking it up to Hayate," Kakashi said.

I grabbed the sides of my head, screaming. I don't even know if I was happy or sad right now. I was in so much pain because of what was going on. My heart was in pain, nothing else. Nothing at all.

Then I heard what the doctor said. "He's on life support," he said to Kakashi. "It's a bad state. I'm not sure if he'll last the night."

I started sobbing loudly. Julie sighed. "Give me your wrist."