Chapter Twelve: What the Fuck is it?!

Tam

I decided to train by myself, despite how awkward I felt. I worked on my sword play and my speed, then I blindfolded myself and fought against my clones to build my reaction speed and heighten my other senses. It didn’t turn out so well the first few times, but I got the hang of it by the time it was really late. Really late.

I mean so late, that I forgot I was supposed to be headed home at six and it was around six thirty five, late.

I left the training ground I holed up in and burst into the street, my bag banging against my back as I ran. I bolted around the corner when I crashed into Neji. I flew through the air and fell on my back a distance away from where Neji fell on his side.

“Ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow,” I groaned as I sat up, rubbing my lower back. It was really aching me today. “Neji? Watch where you’re going!”

“I should say the same to you,” Neji grumbled as he got to his feet. He came over to help me to mine. I took the help, even though I didn’t need it. “Where are you off to in such a hurry?”

“I have to get home, I’m cooking dinner tonight and I’m late,” I told him. I jerked my thumb behind me. “Wanna come the rest of the way? I’ll feed you.”

“Sure,” Neji said, shrugging. Before too long, I was off again, and Neji was close beside me.

We couldn’t have been running for longer than ten minutes when Neji fell behind.

“Can we please slow down a bit?” Neji panted from behind me.

I was halfway home and he was tired already? Well I guess he was running his fastest and I guess I should slow down; don’t want him passing out on me. That would just be a pain in the ass and waste more time.

“Fine, we can walk for a little bit,” I said. I slowed myself to a walk. Before long Neji caught up with me. 

“Thank you,” he said, stopped running, and walked at my side.

“So can you help me with my training tomorrow?” I asked as we walked through the streets and back lanes. 

“That depends,” Neji said. “If you show up on time, I could ask Gai-sensei to let you in on our 9AM training tomorrow in training ground 19.”

“Got it,” I said and we turned the corner to see Kotetsu and Izumo walking to Asuma’s.

“Hey Kotetsu, Izumo; you heading to mine already?” I asked as they turned to us.

“Yeah,” Izumo said with a smirk, “we wanted to watch you cook, but I see you’re not there yet. You’re late.”

“I know, gees, see you at mine! Come on, Neji!” I said, running off down the road.

“Coming,” Neji moaned, running after me.

When we got to the front door, I stopped and Neji ran up and bent over, resting his hands on his knees and panting like a dog. I laughed a little before pulling my fags out and lighting one.  

“Sorry, had to get away from them,” I said rubbing the back of my neck.

“I thought you might not actually be able to help Lee with his speed,” Neji said. “But you are fast. You’re not even tired.”

I knocked on the door.

He straightened up and sounded confused when he asked, “If you live there why are you knocking?”