My Mate's Choice 38

Calvin

I woke up even earlier, or perhaps I didn't sleep throughout the night. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't let go of Beatrix and made sure that she was safe. Even though I believed that Beatrix's nightmare was just part of her hallucination, I somehow felt that there were really harms out there and as her mate, I had to take care her - something which I should have done long time ago.

While Beatrix was still curled and asleep next to me, I thought about the things that I should do to get Beatrix and I's relationship to work. There were still much more to be done like, we haven't complete our marking and mating process. It has been so long and I hoped there would still be room in Beatrix's heart to complete them with me.

"Calvin?" A knock on the door, followed by Brody's head popped in. "Is she awake?" I placed my index finger to my lips and shook my head. I didn't want Beatrix to wake up yet because she seemed to be in need of sleep. "Alright, breakfast is ready for y'all. My pack is having some bonding session at the basement's living room so just help yourself."

I made the OK sign with my fingers and Brody closed the door right after he tossed a pair of shorts my way, still remembering that I wasn't dressed since I came last night.

And in silence while I waited patiently for Beatrix to wake up, I couldn't help but played with her hair like I did last night. Wrong move! Beatrix stirred and after rubbing her eyes several times, it finally focused on me. I waited for further reactions but there wasn't and I decided to make the first move.

"Good morning?"

"When did you arrive?" She responded, with another question.

"Last night. You were having a little bit of a nightmare last night," I reminded her.

"And you haven't leave after that?"

"I won't. I won't leave you, anymore," I stated, placing a hand on her cheek.

"Oh okay," she said, awkwardly and then she moved closer to me. She slowly placed her head on my shoulder and said, "Thank you for saving me last night."

I smiled even though she couldn't see. I wrapped my arms around her and held her close and at that moment, I knew I felt her starting to give in - and it was more than enough for me. If she was willing to do so, I was willing to do more.

* * *

"I think Eddie wouldn't want me to be back yet," Beatrix said nervously as she slowly threw in some of her clothes into her bag, with my help except that I didn't throw them but I folded them nicely.

"Eddie said its fine. Your mom and dad and everyone else are missing you," I told her, "And if you don't wanna go back to our pack, then it means that I'd have to move in here." Then I moved towards her, wrapped my arms around her waist and whispered into her ear, "Because I cannot take care of you from afar and I don't wanna be away from you."

"I'm sure Brody wouldn't mind if you stay here longer," she said and I thought I felt her stiffening her body, like she disliked being in my arms. Or was it just my feelings.