My Mate's Choice 09

Calvin

I didn't know what came to me but I was just mad that Beatrix kept bringing up the topic of rejecting and that she even attempted to reject me. Yes, it wouldn't affect me because a she wolf wouldn't be able to reject a mate's bond, as strong as a male wolf. But still, I was mad that she was doing so like she purposely wanted to trigger my wolf.

My originally plan on coming to the pack house was to sneak into Beatrix's room and hoping to talk to her in a calm manner but when I saw her jumped out of her room's balcony, I got panic. Where did she think she was going? For all we know, there could be rogues out there eyeing her. I quickly captured her in my arms, knowing it was one of the safest places her wolf would feel, only to have her triggering my wolf.

I was angry -of course- that she was rejecting me but as she said those words about being tired, I knew I was the reason why she really wanted me to let her go.

If only she knew that I actually didn't want to talk to her secretly nor did I want to be with Valerie. I liked Valerie but I'd prefer to be with Beatrix because there was nothing that could make me more happier than being with my mate, but I hadn't find the right words to tell Valerie the truth. All night, even though Valerie and I would be sharing a bed, I didn't go close to her anymore. All I would ever think of was how it would feel like to be sleeping and holding Beatrix in my arms.

I wanted to tell Beatrix those but I... I was just too coward. I was taking advantage of Beatrix and our mate bond. I thought even if Beatrix was hurting, it was alright and she would still forgive me because our wolves are connected. That was also why I was taking care a little too much of Valerie. But when Beatrix, cried for the first time in front of me, I lost it all. I wanted her so badly to be with me and in my arms. I wanted to mark her to make our bond even stronger.

I totally had forgotten that I was in my wolf form when I tried to stop Beatrix from walking away, causing my paws to leave some marks on her arm that I had touched or rather scratched.

Shifting back into my human form, I immediately approached Beatrix, taking the injured arm in my hand. "Beatrix, I didn't mean it. Baby, I'm so sorry."

Beatrix let out a small sob before placing a hand on my chest and pushing me backwards. "Let me go home," was all she said as she looked at me with tearing eyes.

"Oh baby, please don't cry. I'll heal it. I'll make it better, I'm so sorry," I said as I looked out for my shattered clothes, to wrap it around her wound.

"No Calvin! Let me go home," she raised her voice and then started running towards the pack house.

* * *

Shifting back into my human form, I put on the basketball shorts that were always at the back of the cabin. When I entered, Valerie was just getting ready for bed.

"Hey babe, where have you been?" She asked as she took a towel and handed it to me to wipe off the sweat I had from running.

"I went for a run," I said, not completely lying.