My Mate's Choice 27

Beatrix

"Oh my god Beatrix!" I heard someone said that but I didn't know where it came from. I looked around and the pack house. No guards, no one and it were dark in the night.

"You would have a better life without me." I somehow could hear Gabriel's voice repeating the phrase. He wasn't lying about wanting me to have a life without him and I actually had no idea if I should be upset, disappointed or angry. I was numb. I couldn't feel a thing.

Suddenly, the door flung open and the light from inside the pack house blinded my eyes, causing me to shut them. I started hearing familiar voice.

"Oh my daughter." That was mom and she sounded hysterical.

"Baby, its Beatrix." That was Celina and I heard her sob.

"Beatrix... Beatrix..." That was my best friend, Sally.

"Where? Where is she? Where is Beatrix?" And that was the all too familiar voice which made me cringed and shut my eyes even tighter.

"Wait up Calvin. Let me check on her," I heard Eddie's voice. Did he know about Calvin being my mate? "Beatrix, can you hear me?" Eddie asked and I replied by frowning, still not wanting to look at the familiar faces that I had missed because I was close to betraying them and our species.

"Beatrix, if you can hear me, I want you to slowly open your eyes," Eddie said next and I did as told. Slowly, easing the crease lines on my forehead, I opened my eyes weakly and sleepily and met my crying parents, Celina and Sally. I watched Eddie sighed in relief and I saw Calvin. He was kneeling next to me, next to Eddie and his eyes watered.

"Thank god you're safe!" Mom quickly pulled me into a hug. I tried to smile but I was tired. I felt stiff and realized I had some pain rushing through the whole of my body.

"Dad, please calm mom down. Mom, I'm gonna bring Beatrix up to her room and get the pack doctor. Is that okay, Mom?" Eddie asked Mom in his consoling tone. I watched Mom nodded before Eddie nudged Calvin.

Calvin wiped his eyes and then reached for my head, placing it on his arm before he placed another arm underneath my thigh and lifted me up. I cringed when my muscles hurt from the movements.

I shut my eyes when I realized that Calvin was staring down at me. I didn't want to look at him even though I missed him. I didn't want to look at the face that betrayed me and my wolf. I didn't want to look at his watery eyes, thinking that he was actually worried when I went missing.

But despite of all that, I couldn't help but feel so warm and safe being in his arms.

Calvin

I couldn't believe that she was in my arms. I couldn't believe that I finally got to hold my mate in my arms.

I was in Beatrix's room when I heard Sally saying frantically that she saw Beatrix in the front of the house. Almost everyone rushed to see if what Sally had said was true, including myself and true enough, she was lying on the cold tiles lifelessly that at the second I thought she wasn't breathing anymore.