My Mate's Choice 20

Hey guys, we made it to chapter 20! Yayyy, thanks to all of you who are reading this right now © I do not have much comments from you guys at the moment and I really hope to have some so that I know some of your opinions :) That would help me a lot in the progress of this story :)

Calvin

This time, I really meant my words. Ignoring the Luna who was still waiting for me to speak and reply to her, I got off the couch and ran out of the pack house. I shifted immediately and ran into the words, totally not hearing whatever the Luna, Alpha and Brody was saying to stop me from finding Beatrix by myself.

I ran as fast as I could to the exact place Valerie had told me where the rogues took Beatrix. I tried sniffing things. I walked in further in every angle of the same area but to no avail. Then I started sniffing the floor.

I paused. I swear I could smell a certain scent even though it wasn't Beatrix. Could there be werewolves living underground? Or were werewolves being captured? Or was it just a group of werewolves who had just went by this exact place?

No! It couldn't be. Nobody was allowed out of the pack house. The teens didn't even go to school. So there were probably some werewolves under the ground. I sniffed and trailed at exactly where the scent was bringing me to. I carried on until I was right in front of someone's feet. I looked up and my wolf's face was immediately being slapped by a leg.

"Hey mutt, whatcha doing?" The owner of that rude's leg spoke. I eyed him from afar because when I was kicked in the face, I fell quite far away from where he was standing. And even from afar, I could tell that the guy, who had kicked me, wasn't a werewolf.

He was a vampire. It was all written from his pale face and red-orangey eyes.

Since I was still in my wolf form, I couldn't speak and there was no way for me to change into human form because I had no clothes with me. So I did the only thing I could to communicate which was to growl very loudly.

"Oh is that the only thing you've got mutt?" That piece of vampire sneered. What was he even doing here in the pack's territory anyway?

I growled again.

"Hmmm. Are you by any chance looking for someone?" The vampire asked me mockingly this time. Did he know? Was he the one who took Beatrix away? No no, it couldn't be. He was a vampire and if he had Beatrix in his hands, he would have killed Beatrix anyway and I would have felt the side effect.

Daringly, I moved closer and I almost shifted back into my human form when I inhaled Beatrix's scent. I looked around and once in a while glanced back at the blood-sucker. He was still smirking at me and I really do felt like pouncing on him but I wouldn't because I didn't know the reason he was here.

My head was turning to right and left, searching for Beatrix's scent. Suddenly, the bloodsucker started laughing loudly. He was mocking me, I knew it but I didn't know why until I recognized Beatrix's scent was on him.